View Single Post
  (#73 (permalink)) Old
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: What proof do you want? And in turn, what proof do you have? - March 30th 2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
And how do we get around this dilemma?
By obeying and executing out what you claim to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsHope
Right. If God is, indeed, God, he's not required to tell us anything. So what do we do if that happens to be the case? What happens if God exists, but doesn't want to have to prove his existence? Or maybe he simply can't be bothered with leaving a trail for scientists to follow and prove that he's real. Why does it have to be, if he's real, there will be proof and if he's not, there won't be any proof? What if that's not even the case?

Faith is mentioned an awful lot in the Bible, which is why I believe that no one has proven that there is a God. He doesn't want anyone to know. He wants people to believe.
Wouldn't it make more sense for this god to give some proof of his existence to have more followers? If there is proof, then wouldn't people believe more and more strongly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khadra
Then why would we have brains to process information and form educated opinions? It seems kind of a waste to throw logic away just because it fuels the ego of a deity in the sky.

If you met an adult who believed in Santa and said Santa didn't want to prove his existence because it would take away from the magic of Christmas, what would you say?

The theory of evolution can provide one answer for why we have brains, how we acquired them, etc... .

I would ask him/her for proof then after him/her saying they had none, Santa doesn't want that, then I'd ignore them and not believe in it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic
Hence Christianity is stagnant and backwards

This.