View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Cutting My Wrists - February 4th 2013, 12:23 AM

Like everyone above said, we can't give you advice on how to self-harm nor encourage you to. We're a recovery support group and we're here to listen and try to help you, may I ask what's bothering you for you to wanna hurt yourself?

I began self-harming last year after I turned 13. It's not the thing to do because you become dependent on self-harm, you think "eh it'll be okay", but it gets worse if you decide this. It's an unhealthy coping mechanism that sorta makes you forget the healthy ones. Plus, you got the scars you have to hide from everyone, you have to make up excuses and lie which makes you feel guilty. Then when you do need self-harm when you're feeling sad, you have to look into the eyes of the people you're closest to and lie when they ask how you got the injury. Self-harm comes with the baggage of guilt, hating yourself even more afterwards, having to hide yourself more, and the urges during recovery. It's not worth it. Relying on it just isn't mentally or physically healthy.

I'm here if you need to talk. Feel free to PM/VM me or E-Mail me at purplechristabel@yahoo.com anytime you like. Hope you feel better and get this worked out. Remember, it's better to talk about it or distract yourself then to hurt yourself.

Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel