View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
theperksofbeingglencoco Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,611, Level: 11 Points: 6,611, Level: 11 Points: 6,611, Level: 11

Re: My sister has an eating disorder. What should I do? - February 13th 2013, 07:10 PM

First I just want to say thank you so much to everyone who responded, especially Laura. You really helped me a lot and made me feel less alone in this. :]

I did end up telling my Dad. Which I think really was the right course of action. My worst fear was that my parents would be clueless on how to help and just tell her to eat more and not really take it seriously, and that would make it worse. Though thankfully this wasn't the case at all. Not only were they already at least somewhat aware of the situation, but as it turns out my Dad use to counsel people with eating disorders, so he knows the territory pretty well. Which was something I has no idea about. I was pretty convinced they had no idea what was going on and I didn't know about my Dad's background in counseling at all. I was so relieved when he told me that. Now I know that my parents know what their dealing with and will make sure she gets the help she needs.

I'm glad I told them about the blog though. I think looking at that stuff was really hurting her, and my Dad had no idea about the content of the blog. I think seeing it gave him a window into how bad it had gotten, and now hopefully that window will help my parents be able to better help her.

Again thank you so much to everyone you responded to this.

Last edited by theperksofbeingglencoco; February 13th 2013 at 08:16 PM.