Welcome me, I'm new!
I've got it all (most)♥
- Evergreen State
- About me
- Hey, I'm Karri. 17, junior in high school.
- Here for
- Like to help and be helped
- Relationship status
- High School
- Very liberal
- A little of everything
- Zodiac sign
- Music/choir, drawing, photography.
- Taylor Swift. TV On The Radio. Fleet Foxes. Mumford & Sons. Modest Mouse. Rilo Kiley. The Walkmen. Coldplay. Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The Jonai. Cold War Kids. Queen. Florence + The Machine. Janelle Monae. Kanye West. Jay-Z. Kings Of Leon. Led Zeppelin. Pink Floyd. Miley Cyrus. The Beatles. Keane. The Killers. Johnny Gallagher. The Spring Standards. Jason Mraz. Band of Horses. Aerosmith. Demi Lovato. Lady Gaga. MGMT. Paramore. The Mountain Goats. Phoenix. Paolo Nutini. Pink. Neon Trees. Regina Spektor. She and Him.
- 500 Days of Summer, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Airplane!, Little Miss Sunshine, Anchorman.
- NCIS, Burn Notice, Criminal Minds, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Running With Scissors, I am America (And So Can You!), Looking for Alaska.
- FDR, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Taylor Swift.
- Favorite quotes
- "I’ve got my words. I hope they hurt you.
I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you.
I hope they cut you open,
Make you see you’ve been warring for all the wrong reasons.
Make you see that some things are worth bruising for.
Make you see that your name is your honor code.
Make you see that your hands you’re accounted for.
Pick and choose where your sweat and your blood will go.
Make you see your life’s not to be lived alone."
"I do have a test today, that wasn't bullshit. It's on European socialism. I mean, really, what's the point? I'm not European. I don't plan on being European. So who gives a crap if they're socialists? They could be fascist anarchists, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't own a car."
"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me...but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life...You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."
"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who’ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won’t. And we’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off.”
"We two alone will sing like birds i' the cage so we'll live, and pray, and sing, and tell old tales, and laugh at gilded butterflies, and hear poor rogues talk of court news; and we'll talk with them too, who loses and who wins; who's in, who's out; and take upon's the mystery of things, as if we were God's spies…"
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings".
“To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget.”
"The remainders of a shooting star,
landed directly on our broke-down little car,
before then we had made a wish, that we would be missed, if one or another just did not exist"
“I must be fine cause my heart’s still beating”
"And maybe the raindrops that fall above our heads and into the ocean are merely memories being released. Pain and joy finally being shed so that they may nourish the earth. We are all connected in life by death, because what more is a spirit, than a stranger soon to become king?"
"Let me get this straight, you want me to spell my name again? Okay! It’s big D as in dimwit, little I as in idiot, big N as in nimrod, little O as in obtuse, double Z as in ZZ Top…"
- I've got it all (most)
I've got it all, almost all figured out