TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wastedtime1123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Trace

Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10

Unhappy Depression & Suicidal Temptations - April 24th 2017, 02:52 AM

I joined this website 1.5 years ago because of the depression I was dealing with and fortunately, I quickly recovered after seeking help. But;

My depression has come back and this time it's way worse. I'm thinking about suicide all throughout the day and asking why I haven't killed myself yet. Or why I'm still here. I just want my family to go away and not care about me so I can finally end my life. I'm not getting "enough" sleep, I've lost so much interest and skill in the things I always enjoyed doing, and my fucking job isn't helping at all. I simply just don't want to live anymore.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Lead Moderator

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Points: 16,141, Level: 18 Points: 16,141, Level: 18 Points: 16,141, Level: 18

Re: Depression & Suicidal Temptations - April 24th 2017, 05:36 AM

Hi There-

I understand how you feel I have often felt the same way. I am also having problems with my job at the moment and it makes my life so much more stressful. You mentioned that you are not able to sleep I would suggest that you seek help from a professional I have had trouble sleeping for years.... My doctor put me on sleeping medication - Maybe this is something that you can talk to your doctor about?

I would encourage you to talk to your family and tell them what is going on because they can help you find the help that you need. Having support from family is an important thing.

I hope that this helped you - Please do not hesitate to message me if you need to talk. I am on leave right now but I do check my messages daily.

Take care!

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Lead Moderator
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Depression & Suicidal Temptations - April 24th 2017, 05:12 PM

Hi Trace,

I'm so sorry that you're going through such a rough patch. I know how hard and stressful it can be when it comes to fighting with the demons inside of your head. Your family will never stop caring about you. As you've mentioned, they are your family, and families will stick together until the end. It might not seem like it sometimes, but they do care, and they would miss you deeply if you were to take away your life.

Have you talked to your doctor or therapist at all about how you're feeling? They might be able to help you get on some medication or some type of behavioral therapy to help you learn how to cope with how you're feeling.

I hope this helps even just a bit. Keep your head up. These feelings won't last forever.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Depression & Suicidal Temptations - April 25th 2017, 08:52 PM

I understand how you feel completely... and I want you to know that you deserve happiness. I'm here for you too, and you can tell me anything and everything on your mind... because... I know how dark that world is, and no one deserves to feel that pain.

I also know how dark that world is.. because... I'm currently experiencing the same thoughts .

My sadness is caused by a lost friendship, but thats a story for another time. For now, focus on yourself.. and focus on how you can talk to me to help you out... because I know that you deserve to be out of that world... its a dark, dark world.. and its scary how those dark thoughts can take control of you.

Rant to me anytime. I want to be that friend who helps you out of this because .... you deserve to smile and be happy again. I don't know how to help myself, but I can certainly help you.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PiraPurple Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,535, Level: 8 Points: 3,535, Level: 8 Points: 3,535, Level: 8

Re: Depression & Suicidal Temptations - April 27th 2017, 04:28 AM

It will get better, you've managed to overcome it and I'm pretty sure you will again. Don't lose hope, there are a lot of people who love and need you. I understand what you feel, I've struggled with depression before and guess what I'm back on my feet again. Whatever you feel right now is temporary. Be strong and you'll recover I promise you that.
Closed Thread