TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

No point in going on - February 6th 2022, 06:12 PM

I hate myself so much, I want to die.

People are saying to focus on the positive aspects of life.

Thing is, I don't see anything positive in life anymore. Nothing brings me happiness, no one brings me happiness. Days are just constant, all dull and worthless, all filled either with doing something I hate, or doing something I don't want to do just to pass the time.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: No point in going on - February 6th 2022, 10:47 PM

Trying to find the positives in a world filled with negativity are difficult. A person needs more than just the positivity of fresh air, looking at beautiful flowers, a potentially fulfilling career. We need something that truly makes us feel work something, and the tasks we're doing are truly worth while. They have to have a lot of meaning. We as human beings need to have a life filled with meaning.

As stupid as it sounds, perhaps this could be your goal. Find out what your meaning for life is. Consider exploring all the different options of what makes life worth living for you. Maybe it's the small interactions with people. Maybe it's delivering a successful job report. Maybe it's being successful at your massage business. Think about what truly holds not just meaning, but value. What's of true value to you? What makes you want to push and continue? Maybe the hope that things will get better? Maybe being successful? The search for love? Everyone has a different interpretation on what value is to them. This could be another thing you can consider exploring.

Perhaps then, all the days you're filling with things just to pass the time, or hate doing, will change and become something more important, and have a lot more meaning to them.

Set yourself a small goal. It could be to just enjoy seeing how the rest of this month works out. Or planning on developing your business further. It doesn't have to be something large and overwhelming. Small goals help complete large ones. The more you think about all the things going on in your life, the harder it comes to process and work through them.
Closed Thread