TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LilyMay011 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,158, Level: 13 Points: 8,158, Level: 13 Points: 8,158, Level: 13

How can I heal my cuts fast? - June 17th 2012, 08:54 PM

Hi
I just started cutting, and am sort of regretting it already. I have some cuts, most aren't deep but one is larger than the others, which I did this morning, and I need to get them healed as soon as
Any ideas? My body heals fairly quick but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help it
Thanks
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
you are perfect to me ❤
Average Joe

Name: Celine
Location: My own little world where the only thing that can hurt me is myself

Points: 10,765, Level: 15 Points: 10,765, Level: 15 Points: 10,765, Level: 15

Re: How can I heal my cuts fast? - June 17th 2012, 09:25 PM

Hey there

I would say that putting creams and such on open wounds wouldn't be the best idea. However, as soon as the wounds are healed over there shouldn't be a problem

Scar cream is available in many shops and it is supposed to dramatically reduce the appearance of scars Also, I've heard that lemon juice and vitamin E are good for fading scars also

You said that you're new to cutting, so I'm assuming there isn't too many scars. It's important that you try to stop cutting as soon as possible as it becomes an extremely addictive behavior quite quickly Have you taken a look at our list of alternatives ? They can be found here : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ The alternatives are great for taking your mind off your urges to cut! You should give them a try Not all of them will work for you but there will be some that do work Don't give up until you find those few that work

I hope I've helped in some way

and in that moment, I swear we were infinite
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Katley Offline
<3 <3 </3 <3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 10,781, Level: 15 Points: 10,781, Level: 15 Points: 10,781, Level: 15

Re: How can I heal my cuts fast? - June 18th 2012, 02:45 AM

Okay so I know how tough it is when you have cuts and you want them gone.

the first thing i have to say is that the cuts are going to be a result when you self harm, so there isnt a really magical solution.

the next thing is that you should put some antibiotic cream. If they get infected, then they dont heal anywhere near as fast.

Be safe okay?? and try to stop this before its too late. the addiction only grows my dear.

<3 Sora

PM me anytime, alright?

Just rise above this
Kill them with your kindness
Ignorance is blindness
They're the ones that stand to lose

'Cause they don't even know you
All they see is SCARS
They don't see the ANGEL
Living in your heart
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Vaughndy7 Offline
Voglio solo essere bella...
Average Joe

Name: Toni

Points: 8,615, Level: 13 Points: 8,615, Level: 13 Points: 8,615, Level: 13

Re: How can I heal my cuts fast? - June 19th 2012, 04:52 AM

You said that you are new at it, in that case I would really try to stop as soon as possible. You may think that it is helping and making you feel better but in reality it is not and it is just going to leave you with scars and reminders. I would really try to look at the alternatives that Celine mentioned. Good luck, you can PM me if you ever need.

On getting cuts to heal faster
From experience and lots of research I have come up with this:
-Neosporin or some sort of antibiotic cream before bed everynight is best to both help it heal faster and to make sure it does not get infected
-You may want to cover up the cut or put a bandaid to keep it covered up but it is best to just sort of let it "air dry" and leave it open (Maybe put a bandaid for a day or two but other than that take them off.)
-A day or two after you get the cut you can start putting on vitamin E or some sort of scar fading oil, bio oil works well but pure vitamin E that you can get at a super market or pharmacy is best and fastest
~I have heard of the lemon juice to help fade scarring but I have not really heard of great results with it so it wouldn't hurt to try, but I'm not sure. If you do want to try it the only thing I have heard is wait till the cut is fully healed before you do, because not only will it obviously really freaking burn but it slows healing.

Hope some of that helped. Good luck!

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."
"People cry, not because they are weak. It's because they have been strong for too long."
"Everthing will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, then it's not the end."

Last edited by Vaughndy7; June 19th 2012 at 04:58 AM.
Closed Thread