TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crazy Offline
I am Becoming Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Storm

Points: 11,203, Level: 15 Points: 11,203, Level: 15 Points: 11,203, Level: 15

Cutting - March 8th 2011, 06:46 PM

Okay, so I am a cutter. I know some find it wrong, but it helps me not kill myself or others when life is not going so great. It has been becoming an addiction lately. Life, for me, is not so good right now, but even on good days I have a wanting for the pain. It is an on and off thing. I have gone from days to weeks to years at a time between cutting, but lately it feels as though I have been cutting a lot. With my parents getting a divorce it has been even more crazy than normal. Hopefully it will not be to bad to cut. My parent are not abusive or anything like that, but my mom is the queen b-word. I heal super quick so one week I could be wearing long sleve shirts and the next sleveless shirts and there be not hint of cutting. A few of my friends know and my best friend bites herself and is thinking of cutting. Well, I guess I just need some honest opinions as what I should do.

***Waves*** -Storm

*IF YOU CAN NOT CHANGE SOMETHING CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE!!!*
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: Cutting - March 8th 2011, 07:38 PM

Hey Taylor! Welcome to TeenHelp!

Self harm can be very difficult to deal with, especially if no one knows, and I'm sorry you have to go through it. Although it does help you to cope and as you say, stops you from doing something worse, it is dangerous. It's very easy to lose control or go just that bit too far one night, you know?
I think you should take a look at the Alternatives thread. It's a big list of things you can do instead of cutting. Not all of them will work and it can take a while to find one that works for you, but it can be well worth it if it means you can reduce, or possibly stop, the amount of harm you're doing to yourself.
Another awesome thing that's worth checking out is The Butterfly Project.
Quote:
The self-harmer simply draws a butterfly on their place(s) of self-harm and if the butterfly fades without them self-harming, it means it has lived and flown away, giving them a sense of achievement. Whereas if they do self-harm with the butterfly there; they will have to wash it off. If that does happen, they can start again by drawing a new one on
Of course, these are just ways that you can reduce/stop your self harm. Ultimately, no one can make you stop if you're not ready to.
Does anyone know about it? Sometimes talking to someone and letting them know what's been going on can really help because it means you can call them or talk to them whenever you feel the urge to hurt yourself and explain how you're feeling and let them support you.

I really hope this helped you a little. PM me if you ever want to talk.
-Nat

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Crazy Offline
I am Becoming Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Cutting - March 8th 2011, 10:11 PM

Thanks, and ya a few people know: like my best friend, and some of my close friends.

***Waves*** -Storm

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crazy Offline
I am Becoming Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Cutting - March 9th 2011, 08:38 PM

I have desided to stop cutting. I do not really have a choice. But oh well. Back to my other methods of getting by.

***Waves*** -Storm

Closed Thread