TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
winterrose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,265, Level: 12 Points: 7,265, Level: 12 Points: 7,265, Level: 12

Question how can i stop myself? is there any alternatives that work - March 6th 2012, 11:07 PM

im currently suffering from depression and i cant cope, ive been to the dotors but he was basically saying i needed o pull myself together, and i havent heard back from them since. each day gets harder, each week feels like an eternity, i cant do anything anymore, when i get into my head i cant get out, i cant calm down and i just think about how much easier life would be for everyone if i wasnmt here. i think about everything ive done wrong, everyone ive let down, diissapointed, i cant escape the thoughts no matter what i do and it all gets to much and i have to punish myself for being a faliure, so i cut myself, currently i have about 4 cuts on my arm and 3 deep ones on my leg. i feel awful and sick when i realise what ive done but when im in my head i dont think rationally and it seems like the right thing to do, i dont want to do it anymore but i just dont know how to get myself out when i start feeling like this, sometimes smoking a cigerette helps but i cant always get hold of one, someone please tell me some alternatives
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: how can i stop myself? is there any alternatives that work - March 6th 2012, 11:24 PM

Hi,

First off, Welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you are finding things around the site okay and that it is easy to get used to for you.

If you haven't yet, I really recommend you look at the Self Harm Alternatives thread.
There are a lot of great alternatives there and some may help you, some may not, it is all about trying them out and seeing what works for you.
I really hope this helps and you can send me a message if you ever need anything.
Stay strong
You can do this!

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
Closed Thread