TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kokoro Offline
AKB48<3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mi Sun

Points: 14,753, Level: 17 Points: 14,753, Level: 17 Points: 14,753, Level: 17

Alcohol. - November 24th 2009, 09:49 PM

Okay I ADMIT it I have a HUGE problem with Alcohol.

I have gone from 1 bottle of cider to 4 ciders and 2 vodkas a day. AND ITS HORRIBLE. I LOOOOVE the buzz and the drunken feeling but all I feel after is crap. I dont want to be like this but it's so hard to stop.

Help me please.

"Aww How Sweet!"
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Alcohol. - November 24th 2009, 11:42 PM

Hey,

I know having an alcohol addiction is hard. Not only does it destroy you but it will destroy people around you. I really strongly believe that you need to seek some professional help, whether its Alcoholic anonymous, or just a therapist.

Trying to stop, by yourself would be a long, struggle, and I don't know if its possible for one person to stop without the help of a professional. Try to do something instead of drinking when you want to.. For example go for a walk.. or listen to music.. Water down some vodka so your not drinking as much, but your mind thinks you are.

I used to drink a lot.. everyday, until one day I got really sick, and my friends didn't care because I did it to myself..

You can get through this, just keep your head up and stay strong
PM me if you need anything
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
senken.0 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,157, Level: 14 Points: 9,157, Level: 14 Points: 9,157, Level: 14

Re: Alcohol. - December 4th 2009, 11:52 AM

You can try deluding your alcohol.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: Alcohol. - December 4th 2009, 11:15 PM

Hey,
I can really relate to this I have problems with alcohol, for me it's the issue of when have I actually had enough.
If I had all the money in the world I think I would drink all day every day and do little more with my time.
Think about how other people around you must feel to see you in a state. For the people who love you they must be worried.
Drinking everyday is not good and I'm sure you know this without me telling you. Alcohol is a dependency and a coping mechanism, all the problems are still just as real when you wake up the next day and you're sober so you need to look at your life and think about why you're drinking so frequently and think about the people you can turn to for help.
Close friends? Family? A trusted adult? There must be someone you can speak to who will understand what you're going through.
I'm always here if you need to speak to someone who understands even just a little bit what you're going through.
Paige xox
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 15,952, Level: 18 Points: 15,952, Level: 18 Points: 15,952, Level: 18

Re: Alcohol. - December 5th 2009, 05:09 PM

With booze AND smoking I find when I start the way too stop is too not buy any It sounds mad, but if its not there, the temptation isn't. Next time you go out, don't buy any, or don't get any bought for you, then when it comes to your normal drinking time you can't

It may not work for you, but it did for me! Make the challenge not about not drinking, but not BUYING drink!

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17 Points: 14,869, Level: 17

Re: Alcohol. - December 6th 2009, 05:06 AM

With all forms of conditioned responses there's an extinction phase and for this, simply don't use the alcohol and if invited to parties with alcohol, then say "no". In addition, you can also attend psychotherapy and group therapy or AA for this. There are pharmacological agents (i.e. disulfuram), however, those are more for chronic alcoholism and when other routes, such as AA or psychotherapies have been tried and have failed.
Closed Thread