TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Points: 16,890, Level: 18 Points: 16,890, Level: 18 Points: 16,890, Level: 18

Question risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - December 31st 2009, 01:45 AM

I just wanted to know if there r any side effects or risks of doing marijuana multiple times and drinking if your on medication for your ADHD?

cuz my friend does marijuana and drinks and hes on medication for his AdHD i think and 1 of them said he should probley stop completly from marijuana and drugs if hes taking medication for it.
but they didnt tell me what kinds of risks cud happen?

does anyone know?

Met you from a tie between u and me buddy,
Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

Me and ? = 3 days which =correct
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28 Points: 38,778, Level: 28

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - December 31st 2009, 01:52 AM

well alcohol doesn't mix well with a lot of medication.. do you know the name of the medication he is taking?. i'm going to go ahead and guess that it's probably not advisable to be drinking any large amounts of alcohol with it. smoking marijuana.. well that's debatable as to whether it'll do much harm, but it's certainly not a great idea.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - December 31st 2009, 04:41 AM

Okay well, i really dont know. my bestfriend told me his brother found him with it and his brother told him about it. he told me hes done beer and licker at the same time, and hes done marijuana multiple times. my friend told me hes not like really addicted to it but i really see how he CANT be. but only he knows for sure since its his body so thats what he told me, hes not addicted really and he said hell stop if i want him too (this was when we were going out) i just said i wanted him to just do that stuff every once in a while and not near as much as he used to.

but now that ive heard this i mean, i dont know his medication or anything but cud it lead to something serious? death? i wud just like to know cuz im worried something may happen if he keeps on doing drugs. he said hell just get calm and relaxed but thats it.

idk im gonna reasearch it more but yeah the big question i wanna know is if theres a chance he cud die by it. not trying to over react but really is there a chance?

Saw you from my wired eyes with a twisted little lie, and my mind told me negative when i had a wish to own you with my heart, buddy and you split like twigs, senses told her i fell for him, and she told me "i loved him, and go get him" And while i said "negative he said "correct" <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ollie

Points: 9,906, Level: 14 Points: 9,906, Level: 14 Points: 9,906, Level: 14

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 02:38 PM

No he wont die from smoking weed or drinking whilst on meds
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie- View Post
No he wont die from smoking weed or drinking whilst on meds
urm.. how can you say this when you don't know what medication he is taking?

i know someone whose cousin died from drinking alcohol [granted, it was a LOT of alcohol] while they were also taking very strong prescription medication. it can be extremely dangerous. for example, if i drank a lot alcohol with some of the medication that i am on it would be risking my life.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Points: 21,551, Level: 21 Points: 21,551, Level: 21 Points: 21,551, Level: 21

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post

i know someone whose cousin died from drinking alcohol [granted, it was a LOT of alcohol] while they were also taking very strong prescription medication. it can be extremely dangerous. for example, if i drank a lot alcohol with some of the medication that i am on it would be risking my life.
Yup, drinking with a lot of medication can make you very poorly and is potentially fatal.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:

He'll most likely be taking SL ritalin (concerta) or FR ritalin, possibly adderal.

Smoking weed whilst on his meds will not kill him LOL.

Drinking whilst on his meds will not kill him either, unless he drinks a fuck load of booze and has a MAJOR heart problem (then its his fault) due to the fact that he will be mixing uppers with downers, then well hes a idiot who need to research before doing something stupid. :-]

no sympathy :]

Last edited by Ollie-; January 2nd 2010 at 09:58 PM.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
He'll most likely be taking SL ritalin (concerta) or FR ritalin, possibly adderal.

Smoking weed whilst on his meds will not kill him LOL.

Drinking whilst on his meds will not kill him either, unless he drinks a fuck load of booze and has a MAJOR heart problem (then its his fault) due to the fact that he will be mixing uppers with downers, then well hes a idiot who need to research before doing something stupid. :-]

no sympathy :]
well the OP doesn't know what he's taking - so really, it could be anything for all we know.. plus, who knows what else he's got floating around in his system?. drinking whilst on pretty much any prescription medication is not recommended..

and smoking weed, well that's just stupid if a) you're taking meds and b) you're suffering from mental illness. mental illness and weed don't tend to mix very well.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:

well the OP doesn't know what he's taking - so really, it could be anything for all we know.. plus, who knows what else he's got floating around in his system?. drinking whilst on pretty much any prescription medication is not recommended..

and smoking weed, well that's just stupid if a) you're taking meds and b) you're suffering from mental illness. mental illness and weed don't tend to mix very well.
i agree with you drinking whilst on meds is a stupid idea, but its not as dangerous on certain types of meds, if hes going to go and drink a fuck load of booze whilst on ritalin then well..he needs to be careful :/

sorry if i came off as an asshole, it just annoys me when people dont research about meds + alcohol etc and then something happens and it gives a bad name to drug users.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 2nd 2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
i agree with you drinking whilst on meds is a stupid idea, but its not as dangerous on certain types of meds, if hes going to go and drink a fuck load of booze whilst on ritalin then well..he needs to be careful :/

sorry if i came off as an asshole, it just annoys me when people dont research about meds + alcohol etc and then something happens and it gives a bad name to drug users.
well yes, i agree.. if people are going to do drugs the least they can do is research all the shit things that could happen to them. but unfortunately, some people are just dumb..

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 4th 2010, 03:10 AM

I think some people don't realize the effect weed and alcohol can have on medication. When I spoke to my psychiatrist about it, she said the alcohol is extremely bad, it multiplies effects and so forth, meaning it's not safe. Your heart rate can go out the roof, etc.

She also said that they don't know the effects of weed and your medication.

So overall, if you are going to do drugs or drink, don't take your medication that day if you have a medication you can do that with.

Stay safe, talk to your doctor if you're worried.
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
occcoolboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14 Points: 9,200, Level: 14

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 4th 2010, 08:15 PM

drinking alcohol and taking medicine is very dangerous to do. it can make the medicine defective and do some damage to his body. smoking marijuana is also bad to do as well. it can cause many health risks like lung cancer and other cancers, brain damage, liver damage, and lung damage. you should tell him that it isn't good to do all of the things he is doing. it could also take his life or make it shorter. so if i was you, i would act quickly.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,372, Level: 14 Points: 10,372, Level: 14 Points: 10,372, Level: 14

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 5th 2010, 04:27 AM

As far as my knowledge on ADHD medications goes, the vast majority of them are stimulants (amphetamines) and should never be taken with alcohol. The pot isn't much to worry about, I mean it'll fuck you up more if you're on a stimulant FOR sure if it's Ritalin or Adderal, but it's the alcohol you should never combine. I've done much worse drug salads in my time and ended up fine, but that's just me. I'm not you or your friend and we all are different. I do however think it's a horrible thing to do and something you should never do whilst on any medication.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 5th 2010, 11:50 PM

well i really want to act as quickly as possible on it but i have NO WAY OF SEEING HIM FACE TO FACE. the only thing i can think of is telling my bestfriend jake as soon as he sees him to stop, thats all i can really do. im gonna talk to him tommorow at school if i can and see what he can do, thats all i can think of

(#15 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: risk factors of doing marijuana, alcohol snd have ADHD? - January 6th 2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAtTerEd HeaRt View Post
well i really want to act as quickly as possible on it but i have NO WAY OF SEEING HIM FACE TO FACE. the only thing i can think of is telling my bestfriend jake as soon as he sees him to stop, thats all i can really do. im gonna talk to him tommorow at school if i can and see what he can do, thats all i can think of
all you can do is advise your friend really - i wouldn't tell him that he has to stop if i were you, because often people don't take too kindly to being told what to do. just express concern for his health and say that you're worried. good luck! :]

Closed Thread