TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
willowmay123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Wilow

Points: 7,098, Level: 12 Points: 7,098, Level: 12 Points: 7,098, Level: 12

Unhappy 19, was 13 and rape still not over it - September 7th 2012, 09:50 PM

When i was 13 i was dating this guy and i wasn't ready to have sex with him and he raped me my parent have only just found out and i'm 19 now and its all been brought up again and i've only just got over it and it was brought up again but now i've got get over it again its so hard i need help any advise?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
mistytigger01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,871, Level: 12 Points: 6,871, Level: 12 Points: 6,871, Level: 12

Re: 19, was 13 and rape still not over it - September 7th 2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowmay123 View Post
When i was 13 i was dating this guy and i wasn't ready to have sex with him and he raped me my parent have only just found out and i'm 19 now and its all been brought up again and i've only just got over it and it was brought up again but now i've got get over it again its so hard i need help any advise?
Im 16, i've been sexually abuse since i was 2. By different guys and not at the same time. So i know sorta how you feel. Tell your parents how you feel. if you dont want it brought up again tell them. Say look im over it, theres not much that can happen now, i would like to move on from this. tell them you want to focus on the future not the past. I hope everything works out for you if you need anything im here
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
willowmay123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Wilow

Points: 7,098, Level: 12 Points: 7,098, Level: 12 Points: 7,098, Level: 12

Re: 19, was 13 and rape still not over it - September 7th 2012, 10:54 PM

Thanks yeh thats great advice i just want to move on and hopefully they'll understand that I just think their always gunna look at me in a diffrent way now
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: 19, was 13 and rape still not over it - September 9th 2012, 03:42 AM

Willow, I know this probably isn't what you want to here, but just pushing these problems away isn't going to work, because as you know for a fact now, they can be brought back up, and that doesn't solve the problem. That just pushes it away for it to get worse later on when it comes back up. Perhaps you should talk to a professional who can help you cope with what happened, then you get that feeling of being over it and having it gone, without the issues that may arise if you just push it back. They teach you how to cope, especially on days when it may get very hard or when you remember, if you don't talk to someone and just push it back, what happens if it comes back up again? You can't just keep pretending it didn't happen, as much as you may want to, I know. That's what I did with multiple incidents, and the sooner you talk about it and get the help, the easier it is to get past it. It'll never fully go away, and it sucks, I know, but this way you know how to deal with the memories should they come back, and how to keep them from coming back or upsetting you like this.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
Closed Thread