TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_LoveLife_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,919, Level: 12 Points: 6,919, Level: 12 Points: 6,919, Level: 12

Question Boyfriend was raped. - August 22nd 2012, 11:59 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So just today my boyfriend shared he was raped when he was 8. He is (15). He said he hadn't known what was happening at the time so didn't tell. He still hasn't told anyone. I want to know if there are ways I can help him not worry about it and possibly forget it?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kara396 Offline
Kara396
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelsey

Points: 8,766, Level: 13 Points: 8,766, Level: 13 Points: 8,766, Level: 13

Re: Boyfriend was raped. - August 23rd 2012, 01:27 AM

Hi sweetie, to start off with, rape isn't something you can just forget about. He needs to talk to somebody about it and possible get therapy. Going through that is really hard, I would know. I'm a survivor as well. Let him know you're there and you love him and do whatever it takes to help make this better, you can get better, but rape and abuse victims can never fully heal.

Good luck sweetheart, and best wishes for your boyfriend,

Kara

"Will he love you like I loved you? Will he tell you everyday? Will he make you feel invincible with every word he'll say?" <3

"Love" is an abused word. Don't continue to abuse it.

Things get better. Maybe not soon. But they will.

I love you. I say this because even if you're a stranger, you deserved to be loved.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: Boyfriend was raped. - August 23rd 2012, 06:34 AM

Hey there, Kara is right. Rape is not something you can just forget and move on from, and honestly I agree that rape and abuse victims can never fully "heal", they will always know what happened to them, and it may get to be too much on some days even if it usually doesn't affect them. You need to suggest to him possibly talking to a professional like a therapist or counselor. They are trained professionals on how to help people through these things and to learn to cope with what happened. He needs to talk about it to someone, and as I said, it'd be best if they were a professional, but even just a friend to listen can make a difference.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
Closed Thread