TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dontselfharm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jordan

Points: 5,179, Level: 10 Points: 5,179, Level: 10 Points: 5,179, Level: 10

harassed ,raped , abuse need help - March 27th 2017, 08:21 PM

hi i was raped a while ago but it happened . i didnt know what was happening at the time but it just kept on happening my step dad he raped me for 3 years. then he got kicked out for being a stupid father to 2 beautiful children ( my brother and sister ) after a while he left me alone when he was still living with me thats when the abuse started he would hit me if i didnt call him dad and he would hit me for the little stupid things aswell . now im 14 and he is sending me pictures of me sleeping naked what do i do ????
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
msfsteven Offline
Average Joe

Points: 9,519, Level: 14 Points: 9,519, Level: 14 Points: 9,519, Level: 14

Re: harassed ,raped , abuse need help - March 28th 2017, 01:57 AM

Are you in danger from him and is he sending this to you over text?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: harassed ,raped , abuse need help - March 28th 2017, 07:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your step dad repeatedly raped you. No-one should ever have to go through that and I hope you know that it's not your fault at all.

Are you safe now i.e. not living with your step dad? I think it may be good to block your step dad on your phone and social media. If you want to report your step dad for sending those pictures, you can take it to social services or the police.

I'm also wondering how other family members are coping, like your brother and sister? Perhaps you can open up to them about the things that your step dad is doing. It would be good if you can get support and reassurance. Speaking of which, are you in therapy at all? It can help to talk to a counsellor about the rape and be able to process your emotions in a safe environment.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dontselfharm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jordan

Points: 5,179, Level: 10 Points: 5,179, Level: 10 Points: 5,179, Level: 10

Re: harassed ,raped , abuse need help - March 28th 2017, 07:23 PM

my brother and sister are only little they dont know what rape even means . i am in no danger but they are comming in envelopes from post because he used to live with us my mom doesnt knowand im not ready to tell her she only knows about the abuse. he now living in america somewhere so ...
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: harassed ,raped , abuse need help - March 28th 2017, 08:43 PM

I understand that it can be scary and upsetting opening up, but I'm wondering how you would feel telling your mom about the pictures you are getting? You don't have to talk about the rape yet if you don't want to, but perhaps if your mom knows about the pictures, she can take action to prevent your step dad from further contacting you. If you don't want to talk about it, you could write your mom a note and give it to her instead. Alternatively, is there anyone else you would feel okay talking to?

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: harassed ,raped , abuse need help - March 28th 2017, 09:51 PM

I can't imagine how you feel right now but you're really brave for reaching out here.

Like it's been said, I think you will benefit from reaching out. Perhaps when you're ready, you can tell your mom or someone else about what you have experienced. I know it can be very hard to reach out and that is something you can do in your own time.

Do you still have the images he has been sending to you? I know those must be upsetting, but I think it would help if you keep them. If you decide to tell your mom or report your step dad in the future, you could use them as evidence against him. Maybe you can keep them somewhere safe until you're ready to share your experiences.

In the meantime, I think talking about you're going through could help. You don't have to talk to anyone if you're not ready. You can post here, journal, or blog. A lot of people find blogging particularly useful. You can also try other things, like putting your emotions into a new hobby or distracting when your feelings become too intense.

Know that we're always here for you.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
Closed Thread