TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lancerdude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,174, Level: 12 Points: 7,174, Level: 12 Points: 7,174, Level: 12

I screwed up at work and maybe fired - April 27th 2012, 01:01 AM

Hey guys,

I screwed up at work and might be fired if my supervisor finds out.
My coworker showed me this link were people can rate their boss and on it I use a different employee name and said he was a fing loser.. One of the supervisor found out and was questioning around. I did this on the work computher and I know they can trace emails.. Don't know if they can see what I did on the computer. I got the post deleted a few days but I had to sign up witj my credit card. Good thing is the post is gone! But I'm worry about them finding out and being question about it.

Few things that may come back on me :

My coworker telling my supervisor I posted it but I know he won't but who knows

Them tracing it on the computer seeing me post it on the work computer

The website admin giving them my name but they said they won't give information to 3rd party people.

I'm super worry about getting fired and I know its a stupid move I made! What do you think I should do? Everyday I'm so worry about my job.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Points: 13,052, Level: 16 Points: 13,052, Level: 16 Points: 13,052, Level: 16

Re: I screwed up at work and maybe fired - April 27th 2012, 01:35 AM

I think you learned your lesson to never do that again. I think instead of worrying about it just take each day as it comes. Because maybe they dont find about about it then you worried for nothing. If it comes up try to switch the conversation if you can. But for now dont worry about it till it comes up if it does. You never know they may never find out.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lancerdude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I screwed up at work and maybe fired - April 27th 2012, 02:17 AM

Hey!

Thanks for the advice but I been trying not to worry about it and praying about it but I can't help it. I don't want to lose this great paying job but I can't help it. Can't talk to my coworkers about it snice I don't want more people to know. So I join this to get it off the chest! I know keeping it in my mind will prob drive me crazy! All I can do is trust it on to God. I guess... I notice I post it on the wrong area lmao
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Points: 20,124, Level: 20 Points: 20,124, Level: 20 Points: 20,124, Level: 20

Re: I screwed up at work and maybe fired - April 27th 2012, 02:21 AM

I think you should man up.

You made a mistake, own up to it. You got the post deleted, at least. Explain what happened to your supervisor or manager, and accept whatever reprimand comes your way. Show that you're willing to be a better person.

Learn your lesson - don't bad-mouth your employer. It doesn't matter how shitty and useless you feel your boss is, they still hired you, and bottom line, they're still paying you to be there. You want the money so you go to work. That means accepting that the environment and the staff may not always be as great as you had envisioned.

If you do get fired, then you know exactly why, and you're going to have to explain this to future employers. If you come out and are honest about what you did, then you may get to keep your job, and with hard work gain back what will likely become a valuable reference in the future.

And, seriously, using a work computer? That's. Just. Dumb.
I'm sorry this doesn't have a lot of sympathy. I genuinely feel that being honest and accepting the consequences is the best way to go. It shows maturity.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
lancerdude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I screwed up at work and maybe fired - April 27th 2012, 02:30 AM

Hey,

Yeah I know.. Well my coworker sent the link to me and out of the talking and joking manner and the mood just kinda did it without thinking about it. Then I realize oh crap... What have I done! Just got carry away about it.

I thought about comming forth about it but I'm pretty sure ill be fired just knowing how the place is manage and I can't afford it and need this job.

If it was something more minor then I would but something like this I don't know about coming forth.

I know what u mean.. It was a stupid move
Closed Thread