TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Points: 15,053, Level: 17 Points: 15,053, Level: 17 Points: 15,053, Level: 17

Medication - August 9th 2010, 05:40 PM

Okay so I've been taking Seroquel for a while now for anxiety. One of the side effects of it may be facial tics. My parents were saying that they noticed me having them... I didn't even think about it because I just thought it was a weird habit that had. So my parents said to just try to stop them and not worry about it. (DOES THAT PISS ANYONE ELSE OFF??!?! It's like: You know I have an anxiety disorder, right? You can't tell me that something might happen that would affect the rest of my life then expect me not to worry about it!) Now I'm too scared to take my medication tonight because I know that those can become permanent. I also know that I will feel really sick if I don't take it but I'm too scared to.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Two Propanol Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Luke

Points: 10,069, Level: 14 Points: 10,069, Level: 14 Points: 10,069, Level: 14

Re: Medication - August 9th 2010, 06:16 PM

First of all, the best thing you can do is continue taking the medicine. For now at least. My advice is to go see your doctor about it. The doctor will be able to either tell you how to safely get off the medicine or put you on a different sort that doesn't have such side effects. Until then though, the safest thing is to stay on it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15

Re: Medication - August 14th 2010, 12:21 AM

Sorry about your parents reaction. Just try to remember that in your parents day the term diagnosis of anxiety disorder probably didn't even exist, so it might be hard for them to completely understand. As for the medication, you should never just stop a medication. Make an appointment with your doctor. You'll likely need to gradually stop the medication to avoid (possibly dangerous) withdrawal symptoms. The doctor can also prescribe a new medication that will hopefully work better with your body.

Here is a link with a little blurb about withdrawal symptoms. I believe the amount taken for anxiety compared to other uses is low, so hopefully nothing would happen, but it's better safe than sorry! http://bipolar-disorder.emedtv.com/s...ithdrawal.html

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

Last edited by off to a new life; August 14th 2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: adding link
Closed Thread