TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jaree Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1

Arrow Insomnia - March 11th 2024, 03:43 PM

I can't sleep at night these days. And I feel so tired during the day. Can I get some realistic tips on sleeping well?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,950, Level: 10 Points: 4,950, Level: 10 Points: 4,950, Level: 10

Re: Insomnia - March 11th 2024, 05:40 PM

Have you tried to assume melatonin? Usually is in pills. For me, they worked!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,352, Level: 47 Points: 109,352, Level: 47 Points: 109,352, Level: 47

Re: Insomnia - March 11th 2024, 09:39 PM

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp. Thank you so much for coming on and telling us about what you are going through. I have this article on sleeping better it is https://www.zzzquil.com/en-us/articl...BoCBSIQAvD_BwE When you have time to look at this, it can help you to feel better and hopefully you can sleep. I wish you the best with this and hope that you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42

Re: Insomnia - March 12th 2024, 10:53 AM

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering from insomnia. The lack of sleep can certainly affect you in so many different ways.
Have you tried some relaxing techniques before bed such as yoga? Or avoiding using your phone, computer, etc that will distract you even further from falling asleep more easily?
I hope this helps!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Insomnia - March 20th 2024, 09:36 PM

Hey there,

I also struggle with insomnia, so I know firsthand how detrimental it can be to day-to-day life. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with that.

One thing that has been helpful for me is creating and sticking to a strict sleep schedule. For me, this looks like turning off electronics/stopping distracting activities, and getting ready for bed at the same time every day. I also get up at the same time every day, regardless of how well or poorly I slept the night before. While it isn't an overnight fix, your body will eventually adapt as you stick to the routine. I emphasize making an effort to stick to it daily, as I've noticed that going to bed or waking up late even one time can put me back at square one.

It might also be helpful for you to come up with a relaxing bedtime routine that helps get you relaxed and ready for sleep. For instance, you could take a bath, do a small spa routine, do a calming, non-stimulating activity such as coloring, or listen to calming music, soothing sounds, and/or white noise. While those activities won't necessarily make you tired, they may help relax your body and mind, helping sleep to come a little bit easier.

If it's becoming extremely detrimental to your health, mental well-being, or daily life, you may want to consult your doctor. They may be able to identify underlying causes or provide solutions to help you sleep based on your body and specific needs.

If you'd like help brainstorming more solutions that are specific to you and the struggles that you have falling asleep, please feel free to reply to this thread or shoot me a message.

Take care,
Sam

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: Insomnia - March 22nd 2024, 10:41 PM

I have struggled with insomnia for years - I have sleeping pills prescribed by the dr and still have trouble getting to sleep some nights, I find that on the nights I cannot sleep listening to a podcast or audio book (you can get loads of audio books on YouTube for free) or listening to some calming music (again you can use YouTube for calming music - I find the Narnia flute music really relaxing) helps me sleep.
I also have a cammomile tea with some honey added to it which I find like helps calm me , I also colour or do a word search when I can't sleep as sometimes its about calming your mind and stopping the racing thoughts ( I know thats easier said than done) but I do find activities like colouring and word searches help focus and calm my mind.
Also I find things like sleeping with a fan on helps and having my bedroom almost completely dark also helps.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.