TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
11easkry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,932, Level: 9 Points: 3,932, Level: 9 Points: 3,932, Level: 9

Alcohol Poisoning - November 6th 2016, 05:10 PM

Hi All,

So last Thursday, I got alcohol poisoning. I was supposed to be going to a party with my friends but I was unable to go because of what happened. My parents and my friend's mum had to call the paramedics and I was literally knocked out cold for about 6 hours. It was scary, and it made me realise how short life can be. However I believe that annoyingly, some of my friends may have told people at my college/school what happened, because 2 people asked me if I was okay, referring to the fact that I wasn't in school on Friday and obviously what happened on the Thursday.

I missed school on Friday because I wasn't well, but I kinda have to go to school tomorrow, and I'm so so so so nervous about how I'm going to face people. I'm normally seen as responsible and to be honest, this is the last thing that people would expect to happen to me. I know that people will know what happened, and I'm already getting bad anxiety over the thought of having to face people tomorrow. How am I supposed to stay calm and not have a million bad thoughts rushing through my head tomorrow?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 6th 2016, 08:06 PM

Hey there and welcome

First of all, I'm glad you're okay after what happened, I'm sure it was not fun. Second, rumors suck. Remember that it's completely up to you to decide what, who, and how much to tell people. It's nobody's business. Some people will ask because they genuinely care, others will just be curious. You don't have to tell anyone anything if you don't want to. We all do out of character or less than responsible things at times. Decide now who you want to tell how much to and come up with a response you can use with someone who you don't want to tell. Then, you don't have to worry about what you're going to say or do under pressure. Good luck

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
11easkry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 06:44 AM

Hi, thanks, for replying, I've got school today, I just have awful anxiety over it, and I know I'm probably overreacting and all, but I feel awful. I haven't seen any of my friends since the incident and I'm afraid they'll hate me, and I know some people know what happened, and I didn't want my friends to be talking about it! I just want to sink into a dark hole
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
11easkry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 06:48 AM

As well as that, it happened at my friends house and I was sick on loads of their towels and I feel awful because her Mum (who is a nurse thankfully) had to help me and it could have been avoided
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 06:49 AM

As overused as this phrase is, it's true, if your friends are really your friends, they won't hate you. You can't do much about what's already out there other than decide who and what to tell people yourself. The best thing to do is just ask your friends not to talk about it. Again, if they're your friends, they'll respect that. We all have stories we wouldn't want the entire school to know, I'm sure they can relate to that, especially about something like this.

Aww, that must've been embarrassing , but it's over now and her mom is used to this kind of thing and won't hold it against you. Hopefully your friend won't either.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
11easkry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 06:53 AM

Thankyou for being so helpful, I'm going to go to school in about half an hour, but I'll let you know how it went
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
11easkry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 05:25 PM

UPDATE

today started off okay, and quickly went terrible. Apparently I went into hospital and an alcohol induced coma, the only place i went was back home and people are treating as a joke, I could've been seriously harmed and people were just laughing in my face. And to make things worse it only confirms my suspicions that my 'friends' told everyone what happened. And my mum said that it will interfere with my schoolwork and said that I need to get a grip. It's like she doesn't care about me, just my grades. And my 'friends' that I thought I can trust have told the whole year what happened, who have played chinese whispers and now things are being said about me that aren't true. Hell, even some teachers know!!!

All I want to do is eat takeaway and cry myself to my death right now, I know thigns will get easier over time, but you haven't met my year group. They are the most b*tchy, snake-like group of people you will come across. Anyhow, that's what happened.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 07:13 PM

I'm sorry things aren't going well since going back to school.
I doubt it's true your mom only cares about your grades. She's probably just hoping that one awful night won't affect your entire future by having you start to do poorly in school and stuff as a result.
It sucks people aren't taking it seriously too. That's pretty crappy. But, playing devils advocate, some kids just suck and don't understand how serious alcohol poisoning is. They probably see iit as you being a light weight. Oh weight, I'm not playing devils advocste; they just sound like assholes when put that way, but really, some kids just seriously don't get it. Is there anyone you might trust enough to approach and tell them how fucked ip everything is? It might be to your advantage to find people who will stop (or haven't yet been) assholes.
Maybe they're just not aware of how serious it all was and how much them laughing is hurting you? Idk it still sounds unfortunate it I'm sure it'll blow over soon.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
11easkry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 7th 2016, 07:45 PM

There is one person who I could talk to, but still I don't feel like I can trust anyone anymore. If that happened to my friend, I would simply say "she was ill" and not tell people the full story because that's a basic level of respect, no? So i'm in half whether I should be annoyed at my friends or not...

I also don't know how to cope with the fact that literally EVERYBODY in the year knows. I'm much better now, but still, tomorrow we have a year group lecture where I'm going to have to face everyone, and I'm not feeling that to be honest...

Last edited by 11easkry; November 8th 2016 at 06:49 AM.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
rachelblanchet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: Alcohol Poisoning - November 8th 2016, 01:40 AM

Whenever I need to stay calm, and have a million thoughts going through my head, I start with breathing exercises. Deep in, deep out. Do that 5 times, and your psychological makeup in your own head will change.
Closed Thread