TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethGoesRawr Offline
JustBethReally
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Beth

Points: 15,798, Level: 18 Points: 15,798, Level: 18 Points: 15,798, Level: 18

Addiction?!? - December 8th 2011, 05:17 PM

'Sup guys, just need a little help on this "addiction" of mine.

I'm 13 years old and female if you don't already know; I have been watching the traps of saw movies on youtube and loved them, that then developed to going on sites with real murder videos like "three men and a hammer" (if you haven't seen it and are easily triggered I very strongly advise you NOT TO go and look it up on google)! I watched that movie and somehow enjoyed it, that again developed to searching more real life murder videos and pictures on the internet and reading books about it.

It has somehow become an addiction of mine. Also I have noticed after watching these I have been writing down names of people that have made me angry during the day and then writing what I would do to them <-- if you don't understand that feel free to ask me in a pm or anything.

I just want to know if it's okay, or just basically your opinion on this.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Addiction?!? - December 8th 2011, 05:31 PM

This does sound like an addiction. And if I were to be completely honest, this is a very unhealthy addiction to have. Have you talked to your parents about this, or a school guidance counselor? If you're making lists of people that make you angry and watching murder videos and enjoying them.. then you must have a bunch of pent of anger. It's probably looking for a way to get released. But anger has to be released in a healthy way. I think you should talk to a counselor about what's going on your head. You don't really want to hurt people. I don't think you do anyways. And just for your safety and others, it'd be beneficial to work through your anger. Take good care of yourself. And try staying away from murder videos.

Much love.
-L.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Invision Offline
The Random Axe of Kindness
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: James

Points: 7,837, Level: 12 Points: 7,837, Level: 12 Points: 7,837, Level: 12

Re: Addiction?!? - December 10th 2011, 12:41 AM

Saying that this sort of thing is an addiction just gives it power over you; it's saying 'this is a difficult thing to overcome'.

It's a purely mental thing and it sounds like it's 'just' a bad habit (yeah, like that's a 'just' thing, right?).

If I were you, I'd 'just' (oh god, another one) try to replace the bad habit. Have you tried journaling? That might help you, and it sounds a little bit like what you're doing now, but ... significantly less hateful and violent.

Also: As far as addiction goes, normally it's something a person has to realize and then come to terms with. "I am an addict," are hard words to hear, and that's one of the reasons I'd say this thing doesn't necessarily qualify.

I'm condescending. Have fun with that.

Hating James is cool.

James

You deserve love.
Now that we've got that done with, may I eat your brains?
Closed Thread