TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
frisoni98 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Stanislav

Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12

Even my parents abandoned me - November 19th 2013, 10:39 AM

I am having serious depression problems. I feel horrible all the time, I feel like my existence is pointless. I am 15,and I should be enjoying my "best years", but I simply can't. I have no joy, no luck and no motivation to carry on. I don't even know what's keeping me alive.

I needed to share my pain with someone close to me, someone who loves me, so I told my parents. They told me it's just hormones and that everyone goes through this. I told them not everyone goes through this. I can see them everyday. They are happy about their lives and about themselves, and they always have it better than me. That is the reason I'm filled with all this rage.
So I asked them to take me to psychiatrist or to get me anti-depressive pills.

They didn't even want to hear about it. They said me to be happy with what I've got...it was the point that almost made me cry...to be happy with what I've got.

And what exactly is that I've got? Why should I be happy about myself? There is nothing good about me!!!

I have lost almost every good emotion I had. I forgot the last time I enjoyed myself, and I have become a very unpleasant person!

I want to change! I want to destroy these emotions inside me!
I asked my parents, people I love and respect the most, for help and they didn't do a thing!

And I thought It can't be any worse...

The burning grief is tormenting me
The hate I feel is destroying me
Only vengeance will give me peace
Only vengeance will set my spirit free
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16

Re: Even my parents abandoned me - November 19th 2013, 02:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your parents. They might not understand what is going on, so they are reacting poorly. That does not mean that they do not care though. They're probably just ignorant.

Honestly, 15 is not the best year. The best years of your life come later. For many people, being 15 is one of the worst years. Being 12-18 is pretty much the worst time ever. You couldn't pay most older people to go back if it were possible.

I hope you don't go on antidepressants unless you absolutely need to. Those drugs are terrible, and there are other ways to deal with the emotions. Feel free to PM me if you would like to talk about it more.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Allie

Points: 6,252, Level: 11 Points: 6,252, Level: 11 Points: 6,252, Level: 11

Re: Even my parents abandoned me - November 19th 2013, 07:51 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time right now. I'm so glad that you had the courage to talk to your parents, even if they aren't being very understanding right now. If they're not listening to you then maybe you could approach somebody else? Good people to talk to are Teachers, a school Nurse or a school Counsellor if you have one and they're generally very understanding and helpful. They may be able to help your parents understand some of the problems you are going through and should also find some help and support for you too.

Never bottle up your feelings, just because your parents don't understand at the moment it doesn't mean someone else won't. You deserve help and for things to get better!

Take care,
- Allie
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Julie Carter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

Points: 6,282, Level: 11 Points: 6,282, Level: 11 Points: 6,282, Level: 11

Thumbs up Re: Even my parents abandoned me - November 20th 2013, 12:29 PM

Hi Stanislav!
I'm sure you'll get through this state soon, maybe very hard but come on! Everyone does, so why can't you? If the world abandons you, you can make sure that I'll never do!
Good luck!
Julie
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
frisoni98 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Stanislav

Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12

Re: Even my parents abandoned me - November 23rd 2013, 09:12 PM

Thank you, guys/girls.
I will try contacting the school therapist. I'm not sure if she can help, but I'll try anyways.
It just hurts me that people I love the most don't understand me. If my parents knew their child is in so much pain right now, they would be worried. They think it's just hormones, puberty etc...
I will try explaining them how serious I am again.

Wish me luck

The burning grief is tormenting me
The hate I feel is destroying me
Only vengeance will give me peace
Only vengeance will set my spirit free
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Points: 14,399, Level: 17 Points: 14,399, Level: 17 Points: 14,399, Level: 17

Re: Even my parents abandoned me - November 25th 2013, 09:38 PM

Definitely talk to the school counselor. Counselors are trained to help with situations like this, and she will take you seriously rather than brushing it off like your parents did. Actually, one of the jobs of therapists is to advocate for you. If you ask her, she can probably explain to your parents that what you're dealing with is serious and that you need to get professional help. She is an authority figure, so your parents will hopefully listen to her more. She could even give you a list of therapists/psychiatrists you can see.

As for your parents, they seem to be ignorant/in denial. It's easier for them to pretend that nothing is wrong than to face up to the seriousness of what you're going through. I'm really sorry you have to deal with that and I hope they'll listen to your school counselor.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20

Re: Even my parents abandoned me - November 28th 2013, 05:11 AM

Hey there!

Puberty and hormones are probably contributors! They can make emotions much more extreme. Your parents are also right in that a LOT of people go through this kind of thing, and just about everybody has SOME form of issue(s) in the teenage years. Being grateful for what you DO have is always great, too...but that doesn't mean to ignore your issues! I'm really sorry that you're having to go through this, and I hope things get better. Let me know if I can do anything

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17
Closed Thread