TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Secret Keeper Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,778, Level: 10 Points: 4,778, Level: 10 Points: 4,778, Level: 10

Telling my parents about my ldr - December 2nd 2015, 09:04 PM

I'm telling my parents about my ldr tonight and my anxiety is insane right now. I'm going to tell my mom when I'm at therapy because my therapist knows about us but I'm anxious as hell. I'm 15 and I've never been in a relationship before I don't know how my parents are going to react. I still have two hours and the anxiety is going to kill me. I don't know what to do. I just want it to go over well.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Telling my parents about my ldr - December 3rd 2015, 12:53 AM

It's understandable that you'd feel anxious telling your parents about your long distance relationship. I think it's great that you feel safe enough to open to your therapist about it. It's smart to share this information with your mother with your therapist there so she can help facilitate. Sometimes therapists have a way of taking what we want to get across and make it more understandable for the other party. By this time you would have already been in your session, but remember in situations like this that the best thing you can do is appear calm and confident. Your relationship makes you happy and it's good you feel you can open up to your mother about it. She may not understand it but it's you taking a step to nurture that relationship, which is important. If she is upset by it try not to react too strongly- remember she just has your well being in mind and she isn't your enemy- and try to find a way to work things that works for everybody. This can be a win-win situation and having your therapist there can help.

Please let us know how it went! Feel free to PM me anytime. My inbox is always open.
Closed Thread