TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Your Local Weirdo
Not a n00b

Name: Kitty

Points: 7,565, Level: 12 Points: 7,565, Level: 12 Points: 7,565, Level: 12

His parents don't accept me. - March 6th 2017, 04:09 PM

So I have a problem. I'm dating this guy he's a wonderful guy anyways, This week he told his parents he is dating someone even though he's not allowed to date till he is 18.And At first he thought his parents would force him to break up with me but he convinced them to not because he was my best friend before my boyfriend and i have been there for him with everything.Anyways his parents want him to break up with me because i'm not jewish. In his family, they have a rule that states, Jewish People of our family cannot date anyone that is not jewish. Im catholic. Anyways It makes him pissed off that he can't date me just because im jewish But im afraid that he will break up with me, because im not jewish...

Do you know how hard it is to write on a flip phone, huh?- Kim Seokjin
-------------------------------------------------------You call that ass you're own we call that silicone, silly girls, with silly boys- Melanie Martinez ( Sippy Cup )

(#2 (permalink)) Old
danh19 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: daniel

Points: 3,999, Level: 9 Points: 3,999, Level: 9 Points: 3,999, Level: 9

Re: His parents don't accept me. - March 6th 2017, 04:17 PM

I sorry to hear that hopefully he'll find the courage to stick up to what is right for him
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: His parents don't accept me. - March 6th 2017, 05:38 PM

Hey,
I am really sorry this is happening to you.

My thoughts on this is, if he really likes you then i don't think he would break up with you just because you are not Jewish. I know you say it is a rule in his family, but honestly a lot of kids who have rules like that disagree with them and there for don't follow them. If he does break up with you, I think maybe you guys should still remain friends since you said he is your best friend and was your best friend before you started dating.

I don't know how much help this was but I hope it helped a little bit.

Your friend,
Essa<3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,464, Level: 27 Points: 35,464, Level: 27 Points: 35,464, Level: 27

Re: His parents don't accept me. - March 6th 2017, 10:58 PM

Hey,

I am sorry this is happening to you. I come from a pretty conservative country. Even though my parents don't have rules like this, I have friends who have to follow such rules. Many of them have bent or broken these rules and chosen to stick with their partners, irrespective of them being from different religions.

Truth is, I cannot tell you if he will break up with you or not. Like it has been said above, if he likes you he won't leave you. But sadly, since he is not 18 and still living with his parents, he might get influenced by what they say if they time and again harp on it continuously. You said he is pissed about this rule but has he in specific words said he does not agree with this rule? I personally think you need to ask him straight up where the two of you stand, now that his parents are aware of your relationship and don't agree. Maybe his answer will help you prepare for whatever is going to happen in your relationship.

I hope he decided to stick by, if he doesn't it only means that you deserve someone better. If someone chooses to stick to an age old rule and not stick by you, I think it answers it for you.

I hope things work out for you. I am here if you need someone to talk to. <3

Take care,
Kav
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14 Points: 9,728, Level: 14

Re: His parents don't accept me. - March 7th 2017, 07:45 PM

Hey Drea, Sorry bout him. He may or may not break up with you, you never know, but all you can do is hope for the best, if not my email is open and Im here for best friend<3

~
Casper

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3
Closed Thread