TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,093, Level: 45 Points: 101,093, Level: 45 Points: 101,093, Level: 45

Parents information. - January 21st 2017, 03:02 PM

Hi all,

I've been emailed a list of articles for parents:
Would you mind looking over them and seeing which you think might be beneficial to add to the end of our Information for parents page in the Safety Zone? http://www.teenhelp.org/safetyzone/

Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Parents information. - January 22nd 2017, 02:33 AM

I didn't read through all of these completely. I read some of them and skimmed others.

I really like the reading one because the advice given there could be applied to other circumstances.

I also think it would be beneficial to add the encouraging smart snacking, signs your child is being bullied, breaking free from technology, and creating a healthy body image articles to the parents section. All of the articles are good but those are the most common things I've seen around the forums (from parents and teens). They are also pretty broad topics and I feel like the larger topics could be more beneficial.

I like the moving one and the college one as well. The ADHD article is very informative but it also links to a lot of other pages (I didn't check those links) and it is long and that may put some people off.

This may be me (I did some updates that require a restart. Haven't done it yet because I have a lot of school windows open) but I did have trouble getting some articles to load and they were slow to scroll down and such. But I know some articles from certain places do have that difficulty.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Parents information. - January 22nd 2017, 07:44 PM

I like the reading one, the college one and helping teens build a healthy body image.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Parents information. - February 3rd 2017, 10:41 PM

Rob, did you want descriptions for the articles? Kind of like how we do it with the Newsletter? If so, I can write some up for you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Points: 101,093, Level: 45 Points: 101,093, Level: 45 Points: 101,093, Level: 45

Re: Parents information. - February 4th 2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
Rob, did you want descriptions for the articles? Kind of like how we do it with the Newsletter? If so, I can write some up for you.
A short one line description might be useful. Look at the Parents page under Safety Zone to see what I've written about the current links.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Parents information. - February 4th 2017, 09:55 PM

These might be too long though.

Article:
This article provides tips and suggestions for parents to help a struggling reader - Click here.
Article: This guide focuses on preventing your child from abusing Opioids - Click here.
Article: Here is an article about ways parents can encourage healthy snacking - Click here.
Article: The following article discusses the different signs children may present if they're being bullied - Click here.
Article: Here are a few ways to create a stress free environment for those with ADHD - Click here.
Article: How can you help your child break free of a technology addiction? - Click here.
Article: This article discusses different ways of helping your child build a positive body image - Click here.
Article: An article that provides tips on making moving more comfortable for your child - Click here.
Article: The following article discusses things to do before your child goes to college - Click here.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Parents information. - August 27th 2017, 12:09 AM

I've published all of these in Safety Zone now, thanks.
Closed Thread