TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brookeelizabeth Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brooke

Points: 3,068, Level: 8 Points: 3,068, Level: 8 Points: 3,068, Level: 8

How to explain to my parents that im a little - April 10th 2019, 09:47 PM

ive just recently started delving into the age regression community and i have a paci and a sippy cup and things of that nature but i feel embarrassed to tell my parents as i feel they wont except me. theyre very conservative so things like this they really are against. heLP!!!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: How to explain to my parents that im a little - April 15th 2019, 08:06 PM

I'm wondering why you feel you need to tell your parents? What do you hope to get out of telling them? Is it possible to explore age regression in a private way without including your parents?

It's understandable that if you feel your parents are very conservative that you would be concerned they might not accept you. If you want to tell them then it's best to think about what age regression is and what it means to you. It can also help to show them information, perhaps from the internet, to help explain things. You might also want to prepare for any negative reactions and how you would deal with that. Remember, your parents might not understand age regression and may not be accepting of you engaging in it, but it doesn't mean that they don't accept you!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: How to explain to my parents that im a little - April 15th 2019, 08:52 PM

I don't think you need to tell your parents at this stage. From everything I know about you it sounds like telling them might only serve to set you backwards more so than if you keep it from them if you're not in a place that hearing their rejection is something you can handle.

Maybe someday you can tell them, but for now I think you need to focus on your wellbeing.

I might be wrong and its ultimately you're choice but as long as you're open to feedback, this is what I think
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: How to explain to my parents that im a little - April 16th 2019, 04:39 AM

Hey,
So I want to explain something before I get to the advice giving. You have a tag as DDLG but age regression and DDLG are two completely different thing. Age regression is done as a forum of coping, and can be because of trauma, DDLG is age play and a kink. So with that being said I have a question: Is it more a way to cope or is it an age play thing for you?

I actually am an age regressor due to all my trauma and c-ptsd. My advise would be to look into this more and read up about it and make sure it really is age regression. Once you do that, I would then try and find out who you are as a whole including your regression(if that's what it really is). Then I would figure out if it is really worth telling your parents about it. You don't have to tell them if you don't want to.

I know a lot of people in the community(from my agere insta account). That haven't told their parent or that their parent's have found out and are very judgemental about it. My grandma knows and is fine with it...But that is also because I have always been childish, and now it just has a name to it.

In the end you have to be true to yourself...If you tell them make sure you are prepared for any of the backlash that may happen, and make sure you are okay with the fact that it may happen before telling them.

I hope this has helped. If you ever need to talk I am just a PM/VM away.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

P.s. On a side note I really hope the pacifier you have is made for an adult...If not you should look into getting one. It has a bigger teat and is suited for a teen/adult mouth.

Last edited by DeletedAccount63; April 16th 2019 at 06:07 AM.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeborahBAguirre Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,074, Level: 6 Points: 2,074, Level: 6 Points: 2,074, Level: 6

Re: How to explain to my parents that im a little - April 19th 2019, 01:40 PM

Brilliant tips for sharing.
Closed Thread