TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxprincessxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sammie

Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17 Points: 13,657, Level: 17

is it time to call the doctor? - October 8th 2013, 06:02 AM

so i'm really stubborn and i'm not a person who really like to admit defeat, or reach out for help unless i'm at the bottom. so, i guess my issue is i don't feel like i've hit rock bottom with my "panic attacks" but i also feel like i'm going that way.... i have the onset of panic attacks everyday, and my medicine just isn't helping anymore. I was about to take one does of Klonpine (0.5mg) once a day for a month and a half and i was doing really great. I was doing so well, that at times i forgot to take the pills because i felt fine. but as of the past week and a half, i've had to major panic attacks, where i've literally had to have somebody with me to calm me down...and the other one's i've barely been able to convince myself that i'm okay. But i've managed to cope. I don't want to go back to the way things were 6 months ago. I don't want to be completely dependent on my friends, everday, again. I want to be healthy and normal, but I just can't shake the feeling that something is wrong with me and I freak out.

I guess, I'm really just hoping that this is just a phase and that I'll be able to get through it. But this is really abnormal for me (as of late) I've been extremely happy with life and haven't had to deal with this for a few months. Should I call my doctor? or should I give it more time to work itself out? Advice asap would be great!

all i want is a place to call my own and
mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone,
woah,
you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: is it time to call the doctor? - October 8th 2013, 01:34 PM

Hello, there, I would suggest you call your doctor. Maybe he can prescribe different medication to help you. Waiting to see if it'll take care of itself is not a good idea, especially if you're feeling this anxious.

Good luck!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Points: 43,443, Level: 29 Points: 43,443, Level: 29 Points: 43,443, Level: 29

Re: is it time to call the doctor? - October 8th 2013, 01:53 PM

I agree with what the above poster is saying. I think you should really call your doctor and ask him to prescribe a new and different medication to help since you said that you think your medication isn't working all that well anymore.

Member Since 1/15/2012
Closed Thread