TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

You do understand what my medication is FOR, right? - August 7th 2010, 02:23 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My mum is driving me crazy. I can't put up with the woman anymore >____< She's the most annoying person I've ever seen in my life :/ Me and her just don't get on very well. Since we're arguing a lot lately she keeps asking me if I've been taking my medication :| Anti-depressants don't automatically stop me from getting annoyed with annoying people. I have an appointment with a mental health nurse on Tuesday and she said "Thank Christ for that. Maybe you'll be a bit nicer" ¬_____¬ gee, thanks.

Also, when she went through depression she took it out on me all the time :| I remember her telling me she wanted to take an overdose just so she wouldn't have to see me again (I was about six years old :|) I also remember her locking herself in the bathroom, taking all the Christmas decorations down and saying Christmas wasn't happening for me, her locking me in my bedroom all day because I swore etc. ¬_____¬

Stupid woman.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
primal moo Offline
Average Joe

Name: moo!

Points: 9,836, Level: 14 Points: 9,836, Level: 14 Points: 9,836, Level: 14

Re: You do understand what my medication is FOR, right? - August 7th 2010, 06:51 PM

The title of your post really says a ton on its own, but yeah... when she asks you if you're taking your meds when you're arguing, I can imagine it feeling as though she was really blaming the depression (or you, I suppose it could feel like) for you two not getting along... as if it wasn't way more complicated than that, as if she didn't have a part to play in it as well... and ESPECIALLY because the tables have been turned before. =/

I guess that's part of why you have struggled to get along, eh?... if it really feels like she barely ever meets you halfway or that she's not at all supportive of you (from the sounds of it, it might even feel like the opposite!), I can imagine it'd be hard to enjoy being together. Do you just sorta try to stay out of her way as much as you can?

And despite that, having a mental health nurse sounds helpful, and I imagine you probably had some other outside help and support to make up for this stress, eh? I personally appreciate that you really seem to get that it's not going to get better all at once, as hard as that can be to swallow sometimes. Did it help a little to vent?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Points: 13,034, Level: 16 Points: 13,034, Level: 16 Points: 13,034, Level: 16

Re: You do understand what my medication is FOR, right? - August 7th 2010, 08:19 PM

Something is a miss here obviously but for your mother depression isn't the cause neither is it for you. Something is the cause between the rift you too have, perhaps its just a rift but you won't ever find out if you never take the chance to settle the matter and be at peace with each other.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.
Closed Thread