TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Papaya Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,001, Level: 13 Points: 8,001, Level: 13 Points: 8,001, Level: 13

My depression is crashing onto my school work - May 9th 2012, 02:12 AM

As a teenaged girl, I have been struggling with Depression. I've been to a counselor, but I have not taken any medication.

Today I brokedown in the middle of my AP European class due to all of the stress of having high grades. I started to cry and it grew so bad I had to leave the room for the rest of the period. (It was my last class so I went home afterwards)

I have been bombarded by doing my Math assignments (which I have to do or else I'll get a bad grade), a 6 page story, a 10 page essay, and then I have to study for my AP exam on Friday. My writing partner bailed on me since she is sick.

Bless her heart, my mother comforted me and bought me Gatorade to keep me focused (I have a cold right now, but I have to stay at school since it is close to Finals ) but currently I'm alone in my Dad's house.

I cannot get bad grades. I want to be a Medical Doctor when I am older. I want it so bad, it's killing me. Every hour I'm crying but I need to stay focus on doing my work.

What do you suggest I do? I cannot just sit here listening to music for hours. I have to write 5 pages by tomorrow morning.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jodi322 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodi McCann

Points: 7,486, Level: 12 Points: 7,486, Level: 12 Points: 7,486, Level: 12

Re: My depression is crashing onto my school work - May 9th 2012, 02:22 AM

I'm having the exact same problem right now!! In fact, this happened to me yesterday in chemistry! HaHa Music always helps me to calm down or concentrate. Here is a pretty good mix that should both relax you and help you to concentrate. Good luck!

http://8tracks.com/awgg919/music-tha...nt-to-study-to

Stay Strong.
Message me if you need to talk. I may not always have the best advice, but I'm always willing to listen.
Aim for the moon for if you fall, you will land amoungst the stars.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: My depression is crashing onto my school work - May 9th 2012, 04:25 AM

This always happened to me too. Try to focus rationally on the big picture. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but a few bad grades won't ruin your future. You're human, nobody's perfect. Take a break until you calm down (doing work when you're this upset is next to impossible anyway) then pick the most time critical assignment first and focus only on the work in front of you. Most of the time getting started is the worst part of essays and once you start you'll knock it out in no time!

Break your big assignments down into manageable pieces. Do a certain pages or number of words a night until it's due. Same with studying, set aside a reasonable amount of time to study each subject per night and when that time is up put the material away.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
Closed Thread