TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Your_Friend Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ibrahim aka Ibiii

Points: 7,829, Level: 12 Points: 7,829, Level: 12 Points: 7,829, Level: 12

Stress due to school - September 25th 2014, 11:19 AM

Hello. My school recently got opened up after holidays.The school pressure is very high. Its very difficult for me to cope up with my studies. Subjects are very hard. To get some help, I have joined some tutions due to which I don't get much time to relax. I am in grade 11 and I have one more year to go to university. In entrance exams 60 % of the questions come from grade 11 so we have to study each and every topic very well and get good grades. This stress is very hard. On other hand some of my classmates aren't good. I think I have anxiety too. Like they talk rubbish behind my back and so which I don't like at all. I don't get much time to play or do something which I like to do. Its affecting my health like I having headaches and feeling down for most of the time

Thanks for reading,

Last edited by Your_Friend; September 25th 2014 at 12:46 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CraZzyChiC Offline
CraZzyChiC
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: CraZzyChiC

Points: 5,705, Level: 11 Points: 5,705, Level: 11 Points: 5,705, Level: 11

Re: Stress due to school - September 25th 2014, 01:50 PM

I think the best thing for you is to relax and do the things that you love to do, if you are struggling and school is stressing you out talk to someone about it maybe someone who is very close to you can help. I have had that issue too, but I found that the best way that helped the most was when we had a break in school I would listen to music using the time to unwind, relaxing and talking to my friends.

I hope this helps you

Inspirational Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RafaelEliassen
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Stress due to school - September 25th 2014, 08:27 PM

Hey Ibrahim,

Sorry to hear that you are getting stressed and feeling low over school work.

It can be very difficult when you feel pressured to do well, and your grades depend on how well you perform this year. It’s good that you have joined tuitions to get help with your studies!

Could you talk to your teacher about how you feel and how best to manage all the studying? Also, you mentioned that some of your classmates might not be doing well. Perhaps you could arrange study sessions with them too? You could all help each other then, and make it fun!

From what you have written, it I very clear that you feel you have no free time and spend most of the time studying. It’s important to not over work yourself. Do you have a planner? Could you make a timetable of when you are in school, when you are studying and any free time you have? This will help you to organise your time. Do you have any hobbies? Try to fit something that you enjoy doing into your schedule. Also, find ways of relaxing, such as exercise, meditation, reading etc

Have you talked to your friends about how you feel? If they are talking about you behind your back, you could ask them about it. If it carries on, you might want to find other friends.

Since you are worried about your mental health (anxiety, headaches, low mood), I’m wondering if you have told anyone else about this? A trusted friend, family member, or a teacher? They will be able to support you and listen to you. Do you have a guidance counsellor in school? They will be able to help you deal with stress and any other issues you may have.

Take care
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Your_Friend Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ibrahim aka Ibiii

Points: 7,829, Level: 12 Points: 7,829, Level: 12 Points: 7,829, Level: 12

Re: Stress due to school - September 26th 2014, 12:06 PM

Thank you so much I have tried talking with my parents about it but they say 'It's the time when you have to study well'. Anyways thanks for your replies.
Closed Thread