TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
happymonkey Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,178, Level: 10 Points: 5,178, Level: 10 Points: 5,178, Level: 10

Help from any Med School Students - July 27th 2015, 05:16 AM

If you're in or have ever been in medical school, I have some questions.

Is it sincerely extremely hard? Was it hard, yet manageable? Or is it just unbearably hard and you hardly passed?

Was there any point where you felt like giving up? What made you feel that way?

Any tips for going into medical school?

Thank you!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Help from any Med School Students - July 31st 2015, 09:31 AM

Hey there,

I haven't been to med school, but I have graduated from university, and hope I can still help a bit.

University, in general, can be stressful, but generally, as long as you have a good routine of reading, essay writing, and exam prep (along with making time for yourself!) it is definitely manageable. Also, if it helps, all my university tutors were approachable if I didn't understand what I was studying- they are there to help you pass the course.

There was only one time that I was struggling quite bad, due to the workload (it was my final year and it counted 70% towards my degree) and I was going through personal issues. But the university was very understanding, and gave me extensions on my work. There are always people you can talk to in university, whether it's the student counsellor, careers advisor, or personal tutor- they are there to help.

I can't give advice specifically on med school, but I suggest that you do some research on the different schools and courses and what they offer. Look at the requirements for getting in, and work hard to meet those. Book an open day and visit the school, talk to the tutors and find out more from them. If it's possible, try to talk to those already studying in med school to hear their opinions. If you are still in high school, talk to your teachers and see if they can provide you with more help.

Best of luck

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread