TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Points: 18,058, Level: 19 Points: 18,058, Level: 19 Points: 18,058, Level: 19

Job opening. Seriously reconsidering continuing school - June 12th 2016, 03:51 PM

My girlfriend's mother just gave me a photo of a job application what I am probably qualified for (Starter and about to get an MBO diploma). I might want to apply for that job to kick start my working career.

But with that, if I get signed, I'll have to stop going to stop studying as the job is fulltime. I will ask if there are opportunities of studying further with certificates and how that will come into play.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Job opening. Seriously reconsidering continuing school - June 14th 2016, 11:01 AM

I think it's great that you have been given an opportunity for a job that you may already be qualified for!

Is it not possible to work and study part time, or is just one or the other? It can be hard having to choose between the two, but I definitely think it's a good idea to ask if there are opportunities for further studying or training in the job.

Best of luck!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Delusional Optimist.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tristan

Points: 4,948, Level: 10 Points: 4,948, Level: 10 Points: 4,948, Level: 10

Re: Job opening. Seriously reconsidering continuing school - June 14th 2016, 02:15 PM

I think if you can get the position, you should go for it! There are always options for continuing or finishing your education later on, as well as possibly part time or night school options. You're young and have plenty of time to decide on these things, if you feel this job is right for kick-starting your career I'm with you completely!

Of course it's always good to discuss these things with those important in your life, be it girlfriend parents or whomever. Make sure you make a well rounded decision and then run with it

Best of luck to you, I hope it all works out for the best!

Making a final judgement
Based on your bias will never bring you forward.
Terror should never guide you
Closed Thread