TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lucille Offline
the Oracle
Not a n00b

Name: Luci

Points: 11,050, Level: 15 Points: 11,050, Level: 15 Points: 11,050, Level: 15

modelling work.... - October 28th 2011, 08:10 AM

anyone ever done any ? looking to try and get into it as i need some extra funds, but got no idea were to start who to trust etc...

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving....

Never forget your principles

Favorite quote " I was ripped off in Pound Land "

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fou4thdimension Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: AJ

Points: 10,232, Level: 14 Points: 10,232, Level: 14 Points: 10,232, Level: 14

Re: modelling work.... - October 30th 2011, 11:04 PM

It's a tough industry to break into. I've done runway fashion modeling and commercials as well as being a photographer on the other side. As far as who to trust, that's a hard thing these days. A lot of models starting out you need to build a portfolio of work in order to get a lot of paid jobs. There's something called "TFP" and "TFCD" which stands for Trade/Time for Prints and Trade/Time for CD. Basically...you model for a photographer and they give you the prints, or a CD of the pictures taken. It's a common thing to do when starting out in the industry. Basically you model for them and all you get is the copies of your prints. No money is given to either side. It helps the model get prints of their work to show for other jobs/paid work...and it helps photographers gain experience and help them also get paid jobs when starting out. If you find a photographer who insists you come alone, it's shady. Don't go. Unless it's for a magazine that the entire world knows you're shooting for, and even then, many times photographers don't mind you bringing people (1-2) with you for one, safety, and two, to watch. Grant it, don't bring a party, but I think you get the point. Also...considering you're 16, make sure you have a parent with you. Being your age it does limit the type of shoots you'll be able to do. Also- research out reputable talent agencies in your area and they can additionally many times provide guidance. Please do be aware tho, if you're looking for quick money...modeling isn't the place to find it. It normally takes a while to get your first paid job, and even then, it isn't a stellar amount of money. If you have any additional questions, feel free to send me a message.
Closed Thread