TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Andie

Points: 8,729, Level: 13 Points: 8,729, Level: 13 Points: 8,729, Level: 13

Hair Dye/Video Game Addiction - February 4th 2012, 06:58 PM

I've been dyeing my hair for about 2 years now. Its starting to get really bad. I only dye one section, but my hairs starting to fall out of my head. I do it to feel like im not falling into the background, but its not working.
Also, my favorite game broke(Skyrim). Its like my second life. Im struggling without it.
Im addicted to these things. I want to stop, but it seems impossible.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Avvie12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,469, Level: 12 Points: 7,469, Level: 12 Points: 7,469, Level: 12

Re: Hair Dye/Video Game Addiction - February 4th 2012, 11:38 PM

I love dying my hair. I do it often. i think there is nothing wrong with dying it as long as you remember to take care of it. Try to get some hair solutions that improve the look and health of your hair, and make sure that your hair gets all the vitamins it needs.

As for the video game, making having it break was a good thing? I personally love Skyrim. However, I've learned to handle my life first before I start gaming. As long as you balance everything out, you should be fine.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rikku Offline
On Strike
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,530, Level: 12 Points: 7,530, Level: 12 Points: 7,530, Level: 12

Cool Re: Hair Dye/Video Game Addiction - February 10th 2012, 03:38 AM

I like dying my hair. (Mostly I dye it in vibrant shades of blue or green because I like how it looks) and i also love Skyrim. If your falls out when you dye your hair, i think you might be alergic to whats in the dye.

As for video games, i suggest taking up minecraft as it is and endless game with new updates often, with a quirky retro theme to boot.

Not really addictive, just kind of distractions.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Angel.Warring Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angel

Points: 7,771, Level: 12 Points: 7,771, Level: 12 Points: 7,771, Level: 12

Re: Hair Dye/Video Game Addiction - February 10th 2012, 07:25 PM

Do skyrim AWESOME who cares if you are addicted I mean it will get boring sometime soon maybe but its not that bad I love dying my hair and playing skyrim so dont feel too bad about it just enjoy it.

~I <3 Him~
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Hair Dye/Video Game Addiction - February 11th 2012, 12:12 AM

Not sure about your video game question, but I can help with your hair.
How often are you dying your hair? If you wait at least a month in between coloring, your hair shouldn't be falling out. You just need to take better care of it and use good moisturizing products.
I dye my hair often as well, if you go through my album it has some of the colors I've had. My hair has been bleached a few times as well. However, its still in good condition and relatively soft.
Wash your hair every other day to keep the natural oils in your hair, those are good for it. Washing it too much strips your hair of these oils. Also get a deep conditioner to use once a week, and a leave-in conditioner to improve the health of your hair.
They also make henna dye, which is actually healthy for your hair. It doesn't contain peroxide or other harmful chemicals. However it is a bit more expensive.
One last thing is if you comb your hair while its wet, use a wide-tooth comb. Regular combs can stretch out your hair which makes it more prone to damage.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
lauri Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauri

Points: 13,052, Level: 16 Points: 13,052, Level: 16 Points: 13,052, Level: 16

Re: Hair Dye/Video Game Addiction - February 13th 2012, 05:55 AM

I heard dyeing your hair a lot is not good for your hair. Not sure if its true. I have only dyed my hair once about a year ago. My hair is natural dark brown and I dyed it light brown. When I first dyed it I was scared and excited. Good thing the color looked good on me. I might dye it again not sure. I would like to dye my hair red like a soft red nothing to bright. But Im afraid work wont like red hair. Any ways good luck. You dont have to go extreme on the color your dyeing it can be as simple as mine was just a lighter brown.
Closed Thread