TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
snappydog Offline
Whimsical Nocturne
Average Joe

Name: Chris

Points: 11,582, Level: 15 Points: 11,582, Level: 15 Points: 11,582, Level: 15

Snappydog Reviews... Doctor Who: The Waters of Mars - November 21st 2009, 06:31 PM

I've decided to start posting reviews of stuff to my blog, and since nobody's going to read that, I thought I'd shamelessly plug my own blog and get a bit of publicity (major woopage) by also posting the very first review right here!

The most recent Doctor Who special seemed like a very good story to start with, and a lot of good acting on the parts of David Tennant and Lindsay Duncan, the actress who played Adelaide the companion, and who oddly looks much younger in motion than she does in photos. The idea of the Doctor becoming almost drunk with power is certainly an interesting one - no mortal would be able to cope with the power to change time with no limits, surely? The writing was inconsistent in places yet still very listenable, rather like a beautiful piece of music that occasionally yelps poetry in the voice of Stephen Fry.

Having said that, the ending slightly ruined it for me. Instead of defeating the evil alien creatures with his customary wit and knowledge, the Doctor apparently thought 'Shall I use my most awesomeness awesome to defeat these heinous beings? No!' So rather than doing this, he instead proceeded to nuke them.

Despite this veritable spaghetti bolognese of oddness, it's still Doctor Who, and thus watchable. Three and a half out of five.

It's no surprise that you'll soon forget about me
Closed Thread