TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xeno Offline
Lost & Confused
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Vera

Points: 9,456, Level: 14 Points: 9,456, Level: 14 Points: 9,456, Level: 14

Self Medication - August 22nd 2009, 11:58 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I can't remember that last day that i was completely sober. I've been smoking Marijuana everyday for about 3 months. These past 3 months have been the hardest of my life. I have absolutely nothing to do with my father, I have pushed myself away from my mother, my grandmother died. I've been smoking pot so much because i have no support system in my life. everything just fell through the cracks.

It's like nobody cares what i do anymore or why i do the things i do. I'm coping with the pain of reality by shoving it aside. I know it's not what I "should" do... but what am i supposed to do?

My dad has NEVER been there for me. He has been stoned everyday of my life, all day. My mom lost her job and takes her frustration and stress out on me. My siblings and I have no relationship what-so-ever. The only thing that keeps me going through the day is taking hit after hit. I'm sober most of the day, but i always get high at some point. I used to be afraid of turning into what i am, but this is the only way i make it through the day.

I know I'm addicted. But addiction is easier to deal with then pain and sadness.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
yerstarr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Boopsies.

Points: 9,310, Level: 14 Points: 9,310, Level: 14 Points: 9,310, Level: 14

Re: Self Medication - August 23rd 2009, 03:02 AM

This is terrible. i know how you feel to an extent. you have to make your life easier and just do your own thing. you can accomplish anything but you have to face the facts first. i am new to this site, but i'm very helpful. most of the people on hear are really nice. i am not saying hand out your phone number, but i'm sure most aree willing to help. this can be your new support system, your new motivation, && your new family. if you ever want to talk then message me.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Points: 13,898, Level: 17 Points: 13,898, Level: 17 Points: 13,898, Level: 17

Re: Self Medication - August 24th 2009, 06:38 AM

Hey, I can understand. It makes sense. I would wake up everyday and I look at my life and I think "I don't want to deal with this" and I would just shut the world out. I used to use drinking and pot and pills for it, anything to alter the world, and eventually I didn't need any of that, I could shut everything out on my own. I thought it was awesome.

But, you know, sometimes the world sucks. It just does. But whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, we're still living in it. And if we give it a chance, it does get better. Things do improve. But you have to give them a chance to.

I'm not gonna jump down your throat with a bunch of rehab talk, but you know, it's probably a good idea. Or a shrink might be. I think the biggest factor is dealing with all the things in your life. Accept the things that are bad so you can try to improve them, and wake up in the morning and want to get up. You deserve to live in the real world, at it's best.
Closed Thread