TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Points: 15,264, Level: 18 Points: 15,264, Level: 18 Points: 15,264, Level: 18

Question Matching tattoo Ideas? - July 31st 2009, 01:32 PM

K, I wanted me and my girlfriend to get matching tattoos. She likes the idea as well, but the question is what do we have? We wanted it so nobody could see it, so it makes it more special. I don't want names incase anything happens to our relationship (fingers crossed it won't), but I liked the idea of a small Halo or something (As our song is Halo by Beyoncé).

Any other ideas? I'm getting my first tattoo in like 13 days so I'm kinda stoked to get more.

Thank you
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MissJessicaAnne Offline
NomNomNom
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jess

Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14 Points: 9,556, Level: 14

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - July 31st 2009, 02:30 PM

Matching Tattoos is a nice idea, but you need to remember, tattoos are going to be with you forever, so you need to make sure its something you definately want, like you said, names wouldnt be a good idea incase something happened to the relationship.
you'd need to come to an agreement about something that you both like, or reminds you of something special that happened, and would never regret. something that will forever make you smile.
that way, if anything did happen to the relationship, you both wouldnt regret the tattoos.

hope this helped xx
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Half doomed and semi-sweet <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Rhia.

Points: 11,678, Level: 15 Points: 11,678, Level: 15 Points: 11,678, Level: 15

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - July 31st 2009, 03:52 PM

This is a great idea, i've done it myself. Tattoos can be a great way to express things like this if they're done properly.

Both me and my boyfriend have matching Clandestine Bat tattoos. He has his on his tummy and mine is between my shoulder blades.
We picked the Clandestine bat because Fall Out Boy played a big part in us getting together but also we both love the design seperatly.
So if we ever split then we're still both going to be left with tattoos that we love and that dont HAVE to remind us of eachother.

Try to think like that - try not to search for something with too much meaning to it, just incase. Go for a design you both just really love. Get it done on the same day together and by the same tattoo artist. That way you can both bond together alot more over your tattoos.

H a p p i n e s s.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - July 31st 2009, 04:12 PM

Thanks guys! I'm still tryna work out what would be nice, so any ideas are still welcome. And aww Riha that story is so cute
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Samantha Hurdle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,243, Level: 14 Points: 9,243, Level: 14 Points: 9,243, Level: 14

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - July 31st 2009, 05:11 PM

one day i also want to get matching tattoos with my love
i plan for him to get my lips on hes chest right where hes heart is. and i plann to get his lips where my heart is. but idk if that would work
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Points: 32,279, Level: 25 Points: 32,279, Level: 25 Points: 32,279, Level: 25

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - July 31st 2009, 05:16 PM

I like the idea of tattoos that have a meaning for the one you love behind them. Myself, I'm going to add on to the tattoo I already have, when I decide that person is the one. Which keeps it more separate. Or we're getting small symbols [from supernatural which means a demon can't possess us ] sometime perhaps, a little odd, but myeh, we are very xD

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Name: April

Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - August 1st 2009, 04:52 AM

You could get something small on your neck, your hip, your back on the side(not a tramp stamp), or shoulders. Or of course anywhere you want. Maybe you could do something like 2 stars and have one star your favorite color and another her favorite color, or something like that. Just a thought of course, or flowers. Anything you want really, but thats just my 2 cents, and congrats on the time coming near to get your first one, good luck, and careful theyre addicting.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - August 1st 2009, 02:36 PM

yeah, actually, i think i just might stick to just the one, but thanks anyway people! xx
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Liz

Points: 13,636, Level: 16 Points: 13,636, Level: 16 Points: 13,636, Level: 16

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - August 12th 2009, 02:36 PM

I love the idea. It's adorable. I think that you're right in getting not just names, that's dumb.. but something more special and meaningful to your relationship. I like the halo idea :]

Be soft.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
JustAskEllie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,137, Level: 13 Points: 9,137, Level: 13 Points: 9,137, Level: 13

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - August 14th 2009, 02:50 AM

I love tattoos. They are seriously addictive. I think a cute idea for matching tattoos is initials or something? or a word/object that stands for something meaningful (like your halo idea is a good one). I know a friend of mine got TLC on her foot with her two best friends. TLC Tender Loving Care, but it also stands for Tristan, Lynna and Cora (her and her two friends). Make sure it's something meaningful that you will always remember WHY you got it and WHAT it means
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Makenzie

Points: 9,895, Level: 14 Points: 9,895, Level: 14 Points: 9,895, Level: 14

Re: Matching tattoo Ideas? - August 17th 2009, 01:43 AM

I love the idea of matching tattoos as well. My older brother & his girlfriend got matching tattoos, they got the Chinese symbol for love. It is on the back of her neck & over my brothers heart. That is always a good idea as well I think.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
rest in peace daddy,
i love you & miss you so much.

taken.

It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.
[tattooed girls do it better]
Closed Thread