TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Tattoos and Piercings This forum is to ask questions and discuss tattoos, piercings and other aesthetic body modifications.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Tattoo & percing questions - October 18th 2009, 08:34 PM

I have questions about both percings and tattoos I'll ask the percig ones first:
I had my nose percide before but because the cartlige or what evr it is called was fat the studs would not stay in at all and also it was really hard put he studs in I dont know why..Anyways my question is if I get it done on the other side and have the same problem are there long studs you can get? and if so wear?

I also want my belly pierced but I am to fat for it right now but when I get thin enough I'm most likley going to get it done. Anyways I wanna know how much it hurts..The thing is I hate needles..

My tattoo questions are:
I want a quote about overcomng self-harm. And I want to place it on the inner left wrist. Is that a good place for a tattoo if not wear would it be? The quote I'm thinking about getting is:
My scas remind me the past is real and that Im a surviver.

Also I was reading in a magazine that here are a lot of people that are allergic to the ink they use expecially red I have really sensitive skin so it concernes me on getting a tattoo..how do I go about finding out if I'll be alergic to the ink?

Also what type of fonts do you guys like on tattoo lettering?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katelyn Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Katelyn

Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14 Points: 10,211, Level: 14

Re: Tattoo & percing questions - October 19th 2009, 04:45 AM

I don't know much about tattoos and piercings to be 100% honest, because like yourself I am currently in the planning stages rather than actually having one right now.

I too am recovering some SH and I think your tattoo idea sounds beautiful! (I'm thinking of getting hold on written in the same place)! I think the wrist is a beautiful place to put the tattoo and it just means a little bit more to SHers.

I'm sorry I'm not really helpful, I just wanted to comment on how wonderful I think that quote is !

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

All you need is love
&
Love is all you need

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fishie Offline
Time of My Life
Average Joe

Name: April

Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14 Points: 10,315, Level: 14

Re: Tattoo & percing questions - October 20th 2009, 12:02 AM

Alright first I'll answer the piercing questions. If you have the other side of your nosed pierced there is no guarantee that it will not do the same thing, but if you wash it with antibacterial soap 2 times per day and do a sea salt soak once or twice a day and rotate the stud, you should be fine. As for the navel piercing I do not have mine done yet, hopefully one day when I am thinner too, but my friend has hers done and she said she felt a pinch then she stood up to fast and passed out. Just from laying down then she stood up quickly, the navel takes 6 to 8 months to heal, this is approximate as everyone heals different. This also needs to be well cared for and sweat pants should be worn the first week and so should a loose shirt so it doesn't irritate the new piercing. The wrist area for a tattoo can and most likely is painful because of the lack of skin. This shouldn't stop you from getting it tho. I love the quote you picked out and the tattoo will have so much meaning to you. The wrist is a wonderful place, just make sure you don't mind if people ask about what your tattoo means or stands for. PLus its easy to cover up when needed. As for being alergic to ink. The most common is red ink because of the pigment, the only way you know if you're allergic is when the tattoo is healing. The tattoo itched anyways when healing but if it burns and hurts then you may be allergic. Chances are you won't be but to be safe you can just skip the red ink. I have mine on my shoulder and I refused to have red ink just in case it would act up. IN the sun too red ink can flair up. I asked my dad about his tattoos on his forearm and he said the ones on the outer arm hurt worse then the ones by his wrist. Font types, go into Microsoft word and just use every font they have you're bond to find one you like. I prefer cursive but that's just me. Any more questions let us know. Sorry I wrote you a whole book.
Closed Thread