TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Games and Things Here you can find popular chit-chat threads like games and surveys.

Note: Posts made in this forum don't contribute towards your post count.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
  (#161 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Points: 32,279, Level: 25 Points: 32,279, Level: 25 Points: 32,279, Level: 25

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - April 28th 2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_music_achava View Post
Would you slow dance with someone who you go to the dance with as a friend?
I would.
Slightly different story, but my prom, I slow danced with my first 'boyfriend' we were 13/14 when we went out, and we've been close ever since. Chasing cars, and singing to each other Snow patrol and Nirvana were our bands.
I believe slow dancing is made for a connection between people. I'd slow dance with any of my close guy friends, and feel safe, and comfortable, but with a boyfriend, you get butterflies, and it just feels....super special awesome xD

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3
  (#162 (permalink)) Old
kelsey-marie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,755, Level: 14 Points: 9,755, Level: 14 Points: 9,755, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 2nd 2009, 01:27 AM

Yea ok I'm new so i have no idea if i'm doing this right but if i am my question to guys and girls is How important are looks to you?
  (#163 (permalink)) Old
B.O.T.E Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 12,291, Level: 16 Points: 12,291, Level: 16 Points: 12,291, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 2nd 2009, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey-marie View Post
Yea ok I'm new so i have no idea if i'm doing this right but if i am my question to guys and girls is How important are looks to you?

Their important, but not as important as personality, Id rather have someone I get along with than have a shallow relationship.
With that said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I would fight to the death to prove just how beautiful my girlfriend is, but would also fight to the death to prove how much of an amazing personality she has.
  (#164 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Points: 13,335, Level: 16 Points: 13,335, Level: 16 Points: 13,335, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 2nd 2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
I don't care about looks at all. in fact, i think that *in general* the relationship between looks and quality of relation ship is converse, ie- the hotter the person, the less positive the relationship. i know that this isn't true in all cases, its just my experience

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.
  (#165 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Points: 10,384, Level: 14 Points: 10,384, Level: 14 Points: 10,384, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 2nd 2009, 07:28 PM

????????? My Question :
Whats the first thing you base your intentions on,
when you are interested in someone?
whats something the would def. push you to continue "getting to know that person"

{intended for both sexes}

(#166 (permalink)) Old
Jake Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jake

Points: 16,476, Level: 18 Points: 16,476, Level: 18 Points: 16,476, Level: 18

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 2nd 2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t&sourcandii View Post
????????? My Question :
whats something the would def. push you to continue "getting to know that person"

Well, I'm kind of unsure of the meaning of the question, but if its asking about "initial attraction"; hair is a big thing for me. Hair and eyes are usually what gets me interested in a girl at 1st. If i think they look interesting I'll want to get to know them.

If i thought we had a lot in common, i would be compelled to get to know them better. I like someone who i can have a conversation with, someone who has the same interests and someone who is light hearted and likes to laugh. I really like intelligence, its a big thing for me too.

That kind of thing depends on the person though. So not sure if this answer is any use :P

Last edited by Jake; May 27th 2009 at 03:23 AM.
  (#167 (permalink)) Old
shanadian Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Shannon

Points: 10,647, Level: 15 Points: 10,647, Level: 15 Points: 10,647, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 3rd 2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t&sourcandii View Post
????????? My Question :

Pretty much any guy I meet is susceptible to romantic interest, but I put them through a kind of checklist pretty quickly. Cleanliness, hair, clothes, interests, language (like, how much they swear), and most importantly are they funny?
If I find out that they share an interesting hobby with me (Star Trek, for instance), I will go after him. It's hard to find Trekkies, Gateheads, or Whovians at my school so if I meet a single straight male of my age who's into one of those shows, I'll think I died and went to heaven.

Caveat:
My verbal rejection, if there was one, of whatever you just suggested does not reflect how very useful it is to me, nor how very grateful I am to you for taking the time to respond.

Also I have trouble knowing what is acceptable to say. The above is sincere and meant to be polite/reassuring.
  (#168 (permalink)) Old
Rossiu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John

Points: 9,936, Level: 14 Points: 9,936, Level: 14 Points: 9,936, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 5th 2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanadian View Post
Pretty much any guy I meet is susceptible to romantic interest, but I put them through a kind of checklist pretty quickly. Cleanliness, hair, clothes, interests, language (like, how much they swear), and most importantly are they funny?
If I find out that they share an interesting hobby with me (Star Trek, for instance), I will go after him. It's hard to find Trekkies, Gateheads, or Whovians at my school so if I meet a single straight male of my age who's into one of those shows, I'll think I died and went to heaven.
Hahahahaha *points to my friend* you two would be perfect and he's just around your age too . They are out there just keep looking and you'll find him.

On a different note that most recent question.....hmm

Well, for a girl my initial thing is if she makes me laugh and is into my type of humor. (I'm really really into long running inside jokes. Don't blame me its just what I was raised on )

Of course if I do talk to her and figure out she's a complete air-head I just let it go right then and there.

Looks come last, I can learn to love just about anything short of someone overweight...sorry but considering I hugely tall and ridiculously thin I just can't usually get past weight issues.
  (#169 (permalink)) Old
BlaZinG Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paul

Points: 9,717, Level: 14 Points: 9,717, Level: 14 Points: 9,717, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 5th 2009, 05:14 AM

I'm very shallow, so it's usually looks,

Then it goes into the pre-dating phase, and that's when I get to know them and if they're worth giving it a go for.
  (#170 (permalink)) Old
Person
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,880, Level: 15 Points: 11,880, Level: 15 Points: 11,880, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 14th 2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
On the list of importance, looks are way at the bottom between race and religion (race being the least important and religion being the 3rd to least important)
It's true, really. Looks just never were that important to me.

Lawl.
  (#171 (permalink)) Old
silversun Offline
Hello, gorgeous :o)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla

Points: 17,122, Level: 19 Points: 17,122, Level: 19 Points: 17,122, Level: 19

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 17th 2009, 11:20 PM

Are looks important?
Do you like to hold hands or that too "girly"?
Do you prefer when we smell like perfume, or simply body wash?
Makeup?

Love you-- Kayla c:

Feel free to PM me if you need anything or have any questions :-)

(#172 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 18th 2009, 12:15 AM

Are looks important? Yes, looks do matter. Personality also matters -- you can't really have one without the other. This goes for both men and women.

Do you like to hold hands or that too "girly"? Holding hands isn't too "girly", but an excessive amount of holding hands isn't that great. Can't go wrong with an arm holding your waist or an arm on the opposite shoulder. But I think it's perfectly fine for young teenagers to hold hands.

Do you prefer when we smell like perfume, or simply body wash? Nothing wrong with smelling like perfume as long as you keep perfume in moderation. Too much perfume and our eyes will be watering and all that junk. Just keep it in moderation and you'll be fine. Even body wash will do -- as long as you don't smell bad (which I think is hard for a woman to do...they just naturally smell good or something) then you should be okay.

Makeup? Nothing wrong with a little bit of makeup, but keep it in moderation. Wearing too much makeup makes guys think you're fake...and guys don't like girls who look fake.
  (#173 (permalink)) Old
Rossiu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 18th 2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alythegr8 View Post
Are looks important?
Makeup?
Looks come last to me and that is the complete and honest truth. I've often been messed with by friends because I tend to fall for "unattractive" girls who have amazing personalities.

Holding hands is fine, nothing wrong with it still and I'm in college I think its a timeless thing personally.

Girls always smell good no matter what it just depends on how strong the smell is. Like the above poster said, do it in moderation and avoid teary eyes and you'll be fine.

I think the greatest tip I ever heard someone tell a girl is "the trick to make-up is to make us think you aren't wearing any" (of course that isnt 100% true but it makes a point) make-up can make a girl look beautiful but too much can make you look completely fake and make guys run for the hills.
  (#174 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24 Points: 29,500, Level: 24

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 21st 2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Are looks important?
Makeup?
To some degree, but personality is where it's at. No one wants a mannequin, or a puddle.

I love too. I have a thing for moderate PDA. Eventually though, I'm gonna need my hand back, haha.

Depends on the perfume/body wash, and how strong the smell is. Too much and I'll suffocate. I also agree with Brandon, women just naturally smell good .

Always in moderation. A little is nice, but we don't wanna look like we're talking a clown or a prostitute to dinner, ya know?

For girls, what is the BEST way to tell the difference between a girl showing interest for a guy vs. simply just being buddy-buddy. I can usually pick up physical cues, but I'm not so good with verbal and text stuff.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

(#175 (permalink)) Old
silversun Offline
Hello, gorgeous :o)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla

Points: 17,122, Level: 19 Points: 17,122, Level: 19 Points: 17,122, Level: 19

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 26th 2009, 11:58 PM

welll, when a girl likes you, she'll want to spend every second with you, and she'll laugh at your jokes (funny or not). And if a girl didn't like you, when she texted you, if you told her something eailier, she's mention that in her text. Otherwise, she wouldn't remember details!

Love you-- Kayla c:

Feel free to PM me if you need anything or have any questions :-)

(#176 (permalink)) Old
Jake Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jake

Points: 16,476, Level: 18 Points: 16,476, Level: 18 Points: 16,476, Level: 18

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Are looks important?
Makeup?
Looks?
Well yes. In a sense they are important. But by 'looks' i don't mean you need to be incredibly good looking for me to be interested in you, no not at all.
For me, there just needs to be something that attracts me. Something that interests me.

But really, I'm not going to refuse a conversation with you because of how you look. So just spark a conversation. Once you've talked to me and there's something else for me to like; your personality. Looks become almost irrelevant to my attraction.

Holding hands?

I love holding hands, i really don't think anything is too 'girly' and in my opinion if someone else does then they're just being close minded :\

Perfume?

I don't mind, I think girls smell nice either way. So whichever you prefer, if you choose perfume. Just be moderate.

Makeup?
I'm not personally a big fan of makeup. Generally i prefer just some black eye liner and nothing else. But yeah if you wanna use some makeup, use it to ENHANCE. Don't try to make yourself something you're not, fake is not attractive.

Thanks for putting up with me <.<

(#177 (permalink)) Old
kimvia Offline
is asleep
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kim

Points: 13,335, Level: 16 Points: 13,335, Level: 16 Points: 13,335, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
For girls, what is the BEST way to tell the difference between a girl showing interest for a guy vs. simply just being buddy-buddy. I can usually pick up physical cues, but I'm not so good with verbal and text stuff.
If she replies really quickly to texts usually or does other things that show that you have her attention (:

for the boys:

does your package float under water? like my boobs do a bit, lol, just wondering if y'all's bits did too

PM me any time, ok? I'm always here to help.

What's the second amendment for?
Just in case the government takes away the first.
  (#178 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvia View Post
If she replies really quickly to texts usually or does other things that show that you have her attention (:

for the boys:

does your package float under water? like my boobs do a bit, lol, just wondering if y'all's bits did too
Nah, they don't float. All they do is shrink up.
  (#179 (permalink)) Old
erika-snowden Offline
NOOB =]
Not a n00b

Name: erika

Points: 10,433, Level: 14 Points: 10,433, Level: 14 Points: 10,433, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 12:26 PM

For guys:

what would you love to do when hanging at your house? (some PG rated stuff too! lols)

Love Longer.
Laugh Louder.
Hug Harder.
Smile Bigger.
  (#180 (permalink)) Old
_serendipity_ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Heather

Points: 10,074, Level: 14 Points: 10,074, Level: 14 Points: 10,074, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 12:52 PM

Ok, for guys...
Can 'friends with benefits' ever turn into an actual relationship?

And do you mind if a girl is kind of shy and quiet until she gets to know you?

Also, is breast size really important?

Quote:
Actually for me, I prefer not to have super attractive guys.
I like some who are pretty average.
In my experience, the cute ones hurt you the most... but that's just me.
So looks are really at the bottom of my list on what to look for in a guy.

Last edited by _serendipity_; May 27th 2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Multiple posts have been merged automatically.
  (#181 (permalink)) Old
Gitler Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: B

Points: 9,661, Level: 14 Points: 9,661, Level: 14 Points: 9,661, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _serendipity_ View Post
Ok, for guys...

1. On this I would have to go with either No or Laughably rare.
2. Not at all, throws me off if a bit girl is crazy gung ho. But try to atleast keep eye contact, and sometimes say "hi" in the hall. If you don't do any of this atleast, then the guy will think your not interested.
3. No, either way large or small it doesn't matter...but thats just me. I guess it depends on what the guy finds attractive though.

Last edited by Gitler; June 2nd 2009 at 05:23 PM.
  (#182 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Points: 32,279, Level: 25 Points: 32,279, Level: 25 Points: 32,279, Level: 25

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Ok, for guys...

1. I can say yes, as I am in one of those relationships.
2. I think that would depend on the guy, each to their own.
3. Again, it depends on the person, but generally speaking if they're in it for more than sex, it shouldn't matter.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3
  (#183 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - May 27th 2009, 06:43 PM

Like Gitler said, it's rare...but it does happen. If you ask the guy/girl if they'd be interested in an actual relationship and they tell you "no"...your chances are pretty much very slim to none.

As a guy, I'll say that I won't mind as long as she's just a LITTLE bit physically attractive.

In my opinion, breast size isn't important. But it depends on the guy, really.

Quote:
For guys:

what would you love to do when hanging at your house? (some PG rated stuff too! lols)
Honestly, I wouldn't want to spend a whole lot of time at the house if my girlfriend was over. I like to do stuff -- go bowling, go to the movies, go to a restaurant. I feel as if staying at the house is boring and would lead to something that's not PG. At least that's during the day-time. During the night-time, I wouldn't mind watching a movie, eating popcorn and such...maybe helping her cook something to eat or something.

It really depends on what the guy likes, what you like, and what's available at the house to do.

Last edited by Brandon; May 27th 2009 at 06:49 PM.
  (#184 (permalink)) Old
Zeph Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,621, Level: 14 Points: 9,621, Level: 14 Points: 9,621, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 3rd 2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Are looks important?
Makeup?
Hrm, looks are moderately important, but personality is definitely much more imperative. I'm a sucker for beautiful eyes and a nice smile... and a nice butt (sorry! just being honest!), but personality really plays the biggest role for me.
I love holding hands. I've never thought of that as "girly".
Whatever the girl wants... just don't douse yourself in a whole freaking bottle of it -- that's disgusting. One thing I do love, though, is going in for a hug and smelling the girl's shampoo/conditioner stuff. Call me creepy, I don't care. :P

Quote:

Uh, everything is possible, but that's one of those really rare occasions, I think.
I actually find shyness a little bit attractive. I hate girls that want to be the center of attention all the time.
No. Brest size is not important.
  (#185 (permalink)) Old
Rossiu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 3rd 2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Ok, for guys...

hahahahaha........oh wait you were serious? like someone else said. Laughably rare.

I look for shy girls as hard as they may be to find......because they are shy.

Nah as long as they fit the girl's body type. :P
  (#186 (permalink)) Old
Taz1992 Offline
Taz
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luke

Points: 9,477, Level: 14 Points: 9,477, Level: 14 Points: 9,477, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 3rd 2009, 02:24 PM

For the girls.... just an observation but you always seem to complain about going out with idiots. But when I look around I see plenty of guys that would treat you well and give you a great relationship but they seem invisible to you in this sense. Why don't you see these guys like this?
  (#187 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous19 Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,722, Level: 15 Points: 10,722, Level: 15 Points: 10,722, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 3rd 2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz1992 View Post
For the girls.... just an observation but you always seem to complain about going out with idiots. But when I look around I see plenty of guys that would treat you well and give you a great relationship but they seem invisible to you in this sense. Why don't you see these guys like this?
I'm probably off but from what I see, girls like those types of boys because they are exciting and never boring; the trade off is that with that "bad boy" image comes the bad treatment with flirting with other girls or even cheating on them. The good news is that nice guys don't always finish last, because the whole "exciting guy" or the bad boy type is just a phase, and then they finally see what the nice guys have to offer; its called growing up.

Maybe I misinterpreted your question, but that's how I took it and it's just my observation........*jazz hands*

---------------

"You never give into the pain, you just adjust to it!"--unknown
  (#188 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I've been here a while

Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 4th 2009, 02:35 AM

Quote:
http://www.laddertheory.com/

It explains everything about attraction. Everything.
  (#189 (permalink)) Old
dahlia Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 11,676, Level: 15 Points: 11,676, Level: 15 Points: 11,676, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 4th 2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
http://www.laddertheory.com/

It explains everything about attraction. Everything.
But does not apply to everyone.

"Love is real it is not just in novels or the movies
It is fact and it is standing here right in front of you
So if you just open your eyes, oh what a sweet discovery
There is hope, and there is joy and there is acceptance" - Jason Mraz
  (#190 (permalink)) Old
Wannabe Realist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 11,482, Level: 15 Points: 11,482, Level: 15 Points: 11,482, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 4th 2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:

Haha, the ladder theory is hilarious (and true in some aspects, I won't lie), but it's not everything.
Personally, I mean it when I say I'm attracated to confidence. I also like guys who are genuinely good, but in my experiences, the guys who are generally good never have the confidence to ask me out.
To generalize, I find hypocrisy in the whole system. Guys complain about girls only dating "bad guys" but they never have the courage to make a move or do something out of their comfort zone. One guy I was attracted to (and considered "bad" by that narrow definition) got my attention by simply giving me the time of day. He seemed interested in me and asked me out to my face, with no fear (he admitted to me later on that he was quite nervous).
A lot of girls are attracted to the "right" kinds of guys. Why can't guys see those girls? Why can't they make a move on them?
  (#191 (permalink)) Old
Zoombini80 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 10,159, Level: 14 Points: 10,159, Level: 14 Points: 10,159, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 4th 2009, 05:13 AM

Here's a weird one for the girls. How does a guy's voice effect your opinion of them? Are deep voices attractive? I find girls with higher voices attractive for some reason.
  (#192 (permalink)) Old
Wannabe Realist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 11,482, Level: 15 Points: 11,482, Level: 15 Points: 11,482, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 5th 2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombini80 View Post
Here's a weird one for the girls. How does a guy's voice effect your opinion of them? Are deep voices attractive? I find girls with higher voices attractive for some reason.
Personally, it doesn't really make a difference for me. As long as it's not obnoxiously high or squeaky...
  (#193 (permalink)) Old
properprogress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,355, Level: 14 Points: 9,355, Level: 14 Points: 9,355, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 6th 2009, 03:41 AM

To girls: would you consider getting back with your ex after a considerable amount of time and if things were different, or do you believe that if they failed in the past, things will fail again?
  (#194 (permalink)) Old
Christinaa317o8 Offline
Christina
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Christina

Points: 12,656, Level: 16 Points: 12,656, Level: 16 Points: 12,656, Level: 16

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 6th 2009, 03:17 PM

Guys;

What is the most pleasurable thing your girlfriend could do for you?
Sexually and not sexually. =p

Love is all we need. :]
FORMER [HelpLinkMentor][LiveHelpOperator]
  (#195 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Points: 10,974, Level: 15 Points: 10,974, Level: 15 Points: 10,974, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 6th 2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by properprogress View Post
To girls: would you consider getting back with your ex after a considerable amount of time and if things were different, or do you believe that if they failed in the past, things will fail again?
maybe it depends, and maybe i am harsh, but i would not. only because i have had two exes and when i am done with somebody i am done with somebody. my exes are decent people and good to their friends, but they weren't good to me. i know that our personalities and lifestyles just clash constantly. so i could never get back with my ex.
but maybe it depends on what happened in a relationship. both of my relationships were DISASTERS. so, for people who experienced a more sane relationship, possibly would.
for the most part i always think that if you did not get along in the first place, you probably won't again for the same reason. i know that people change in certain aspects, because i did. but i changed how i thought and i matured, but my personality is the same. with that person you become very comfortable and you are usually your best self, and your worst self.

"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."

“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”
  (#196 (permalink)) Old
shanadian Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 7th 2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
With my particular ex, things would fail again. As my guy said, we are much better as friends.
But I think most of the time, you can get back together, and things won't fail again.
Besides, most fights with people that cause breakups, in my opinion, are fights that most people can recover from and you didn't have to break up.

Question for guys:
It's clear that I am flirting with you. You're on to me. What do you want me to do next? Like, what's the most attractive thing for me to do next? Flirt more, flirt less? Is this a bad time to let you know that I'm a smart honors student, making you too scared to date me? (don't say that doesn't happen--just about all boys are too scared to date me 'cause I'm buddies with them first and I'm smarter than them)

And being direct...
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not saying anything, 10 being brutally honest, what do you want? I have little tact and I tend to either be incredibly direct or can't say a word for fear of saying the wrong thing.
  (#197 (permalink)) Old
pantaloons Offline
owner of super awesome pants
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Keith

Points: 9,718, Level: 14 Points: 9,718, Level: 14 Points: 9,718, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 7th 2009, 09:09 AM

For Girls:
O.k. i know that u like confidence, but why do some of u try to be so intimidating? and confusing. i mean do u like me? or r u just bored?

(#198 (permalink)) Old
shanadian Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 8th 2009, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantaloons View Post
For Girls:
O.k. i know that u like confidence, but why do some of u try to be so intimidating? and confusing. i mean do u like me? or r u just bored?
There are some girls flirting for fun...
But as for being intimidating, I can't imagine why a girl would do that on purpose... but if she is, it's probably because she wants you to step up and intimidate her back. It probably means "Be assertive and show that you're hot" or something to that effect. So if you like the girl, that's the time to puff out your chest and strut and be manly. But that's just my guess, of course. Despite being female and identifying as such, I generally have more questions for my own sex than for guys. o_O
  (#199 (permalink)) Old
_serendipity_ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Heather

Points: 10,074, Level: 14 Points: 10,074, Level: 14 Points: 10,074, Level: 14

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 8th 2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
That really really depends on the situation.
If the guy was going thru a rough time or just had too many other life issues to deal with and broke of because of that, then I would once they were ok again.
But if they cheated or lied to me, then no, never again.

Ok, I have another question for guys:
How does a shy guy let a girl know he's into her?
  (#200 (permalink)) Old
lvpeyton Offline
stronger than yesterday
Average Joe

Points: 10,974, Level: 15 Points: 10,974, Level: 15 Points: 10,974, Level: 15

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - June 8th 2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantaloons View Post
For Girls:
interesting; okay . .

confusing? i think the opposite sex is in general just confusing. we have different emotions that sometimes we do not express very well.

intimidating? well here is the thing, i don't believe a girl tries to be intimidating on purpose. guys who i meet tell me i am intimidating compared to my other friends and when i ask why that is they say it is because i come off very independent, like i am not looking and i don't care. the thing is sometimes i don't care, but other times i don't even realize i am doing it. sometimes i put on a front or i am just completely confident and maybe it rubs guys the wrong way.

"All these short times feel like no time, I thought you ought to know."

“Sometimes you have to forget about what you want, and remember what you deserve.”
Closed Thread