TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sleepless Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,675, Level: 14 Points: 9,675, Level: 14 Points: 9,675, Level: 14

Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 01:45 PM

I'm 16-years-old and my boyfriend is 19. We've been dating for less than a month and have had unprotected sex 4-5 times already. I've been having some troubling sicknesses lately, and I'm looking to ease my mind because possibly being pregnant is all I've been thinking about lately and it's worrying me.
Here is the situation:
I am not on birth control, and we didn't use a condom. The first time we had sex was only the 4th of this month, and we did the "pull-out method". With-in the next few weeks and up until now, I've been sick as all hell. Nauseous in the morning and at night. More moody than I have ever been - yelling at my boyfriend all the time and crying at the smallest thing that upsets me, not to mention this anger I feel all the time now. Sleeping all the time - at night, through school and when I get home from school. I used to be able to go 2 days without a meal but now I eat all 3 a day or else I feel sick. I have to run to the bathroom to pee all the time even when I don't drink anything. I had cramps about a week after we had sex and I thought I was getting an early period - they lasted a few days, but no period...
I am expecting my next period within a few days, and so far - hasn't come yet.
I should probably wait until I officially miss it to freak out, but I can't help it. My boyfriend brought it up wondering if I was pregnant and ever since, that's all I can worry about. Like, My boyfriend was crying on the phone with me saying how he's not ready for a kid (he works at Burger King and lives with his parents).

I'm trying not to freak out because in reality - it could be nothing, right? I could just be sick lately.
But I guess what I'm wondering is, what are the chances? I mean he did pull out. But is there a big chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum?
I don't know what to think =/

Last edited by Sleepless; February 21st 2009 at 05:46 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
VanishingActs Offline
~kiss it better~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Points: 12,010, Level: 15 Points: 12,010, Level: 15 Points: 12,010, Level: 15

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 02:05 PM

Hey there,

It is possible to get pregnant from pre cum, although the chances are lessened, yet it is still possible. Even if he pulled out that does not count as contraception. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant. Your best bet is to go to the doctor (you can get a blood test 5 days after unprotected sex) or go to a shop and buy a home pregnancy testing kit (these are usually valid around 14 days after unprotected sex).

I hope everything works out for you

Take care,
Vicki

Live on love.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
mommieof2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nellie

Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 02:13 PM

yes it's possible that you are pregnant. Any time you don't use protection and you have unprotected sex there is a chance that you are pregnant. The only thing you can do is wait and take a test. You need to talk to him and tell him that if he is not ready to be a father than you need to invest in some form of birth control...the pull out method does not work. Birth control pills aren't expensive and you can get free condoms from a health department if you ask.

*Nellie*
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I've been here a while

Name: Brittney

Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 02:36 PM

You could be pregnant but, then again, you might not be. You can get pregnant from pre-cum alhough it is not as likely. The pull out method isn't one that works all the time. If you are going to continue having sex you need to use condoms and you need to get on birth control. Try not to worry too much until you miss your period. You can take an at home pregnancy test up to five days before your missed period so you could probably take one now if you are really worried about being pregnant.
Good luck and let us know, eh?

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 04:21 PM

The pull-out method, despite its name, isn't a method of birth control at all, so it's possible that you're pregnant. I really doubt that you'd be having all of those symptoms just yet being less than a month pregnant, if you even are, though, so it could possibly be something else. But just wait on your period and if you don't get it, take a test and see how that goes.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Sleepless Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 11:24 PM

Thanks guys. I'm just worried that if I spend all the money on a test and it is too soon to test, it'll be a waste. You're right - it does seem too early to have symptoms. I might just be thinking about it too much and it's gotten to my head.

I have 2 questions though --1) All day long I've been having this sharp pain in my lower right side. It's far worse than cramps. It's like a stabbing. It gets dull at times but never goes away. I was told I have ovarian cysts about 6 months ago, and I thought they'd since gone away seeing as I had not had much of a problem with them since 6 months ago. But today they hurt so bad I feel like crying. What could that possibly be? It just surprises me that randomly, it hurts all of a sudden when I've hardly ever had problems with it.
2) I started Zoloft (25 mg to start) 2 days ago. I've only token 2 pills so far. Should I stop taking it until I'm sure I'm not pregnant, or will it not hurt "the baby" if I continue taking it?

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate it.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 20th 2009, 11:32 PM

1.) I have an ovarian cyst as well and it's possible that it could've been that. Mine can go for almost a month or so sometimes without me even noticing that I have it and then BAM, pain. But the only way for you to know what's going on for sure is to see a doctor.

2.) That's something that you would have to talk to a doctor about.

When's the last time you had sex? If it's been at least a week, you can go to the doctor and ask them to do a blood test to see if you're pregnant.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Sleepless Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 21st 2009, 03:32 PM

Yes, it's been at least a week. I don't want to go to the doctor because then my mom would find out. I'm thinking about looking into Planned Parenthood...someone told me they help girls like me out without having to tell your parents and everything. The pain seems to have gone away though, so I think I'll just stop worrying about it and wait a few more weeks to see if I miss my period. Until then, there's not much I can do. Thank-you =]

Last edited by Sleepless; February 21st 2009 at 04:53 PM.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I've been here a while

Name: Brittney

Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21

Re: Worried about being pregnant - February 21st 2009, 08:39 PM

If you miss your period by more than three (3) days I would take a test just to be on the safe side. As for the medicine, you need to speak to a doctor about that.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Closed Thread