TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 21,843, Level: 21 Points: 21,843, Level: 21 Points: 21,843, Level: 21

medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 02:54 PM

i'm on medication for anxiety problems (some of you may have read my other thread) the medicatioin is called something like citalopram or something.
anyway, i've only been taking it for about 5 days and it's just ruined my sex life, i can't orgasm, i hardly feel pleasure from any touch down there, i'm always dry no matter how much lube i use.sex feels ok but we have another problem,my boyfriend doesn't last very long and i need fast sex to feel anything but that makes him come so yh, not having a very good sex life at the moment. and also, i get so tired at night,like extremely tired, i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the tablets but it kind of means i almost fall asleep during sex . so yh they are messing up my sex life.
i have got to make an appointment with the docter in 2 weeks time anyway, so i may tell her but i'll be so embaressed to say "well yh the tablets are working but they are full on messing up my sex life" . i'm wandering, could it just be a temporary effect of the medicine?? i know you aren't docters on here but i'd like some opinons.
oh and by the way please don't say things like "try new things,experiment etc etc" because my boyfriend is AMAZING! he does everything right and i usualy orgams within 10 minutes, but now we go on for like 1 hour and NOTHING happens . i am always the one giving up after an hour lol.
it's so annoying, i kind of just need some reasurance that these effects are only temporary . because i can't stop taking the medicine, i need it because i suffer badly with anxiety but this is stressing me and my boyfriend out. ow i need a hug

o yes and how can my boyfriend last longer during sex??
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 03:04 PM

Most anti-depressants can make orgasming hard. Though, I've never had a problem with it before until I got on citalopram (generic for celexa). Really though, there is not much you can do if it is your meds besides make that appointment and get it straightened out. Also, citalopram can definitely make you tired. So don't take it until you are ready to sleep. Especially if you are going to be having sex. Take it after sex.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
Most anti-depressants can make orgasming hard. Though, I've never had a problem with it before until I got on citalopram (generic for celexa). Really though, there is not much you can do if it is your meds besides make that appointment and get it straightened out. Also, citalopram can definitely make you tired. So don't take it until you are ready to sleep. Especially if you are going to be having sex. Take it after sex.
so the effects are never going to go away??? oh my gosh thats harsh i'm gutted. and yh i usualy take it at night so thats cool. do all tablets for anxiety make it harder for orgasm??
i guess i'm gonna have to tell my boyfriend the bad news that i may not be able to orgasm at all whilst i'm on these tablets
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 03:41 PM

I'm not sure about ALL, but I know it's very likely. And as far as I know it doesn't go away. With my experience at least. But, would being anxious all the time be better in order to have sex, or would you rather have sucky sex and not be anxious?

Becuase hopefully in the end, you won't need your meds anymore and can have all the good sex you want

Or, just talk with your doctor and see what s/he can do.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
I'm not sure about ALL, but I know it's very likely. And as far as I know it doesn't go away. With my experience at least. But, would being anxious all the time be better in order to have sex, or would you rather have sucky sex and not be anxious?

Becuase hopefully in the end, you won't need your meds anymore and can have all the good sex you want

Or, just talk with your doctor and see what s/he can do.
thats the thing,i don't want my panic attacks and i don't want to be anxious anymore because when i do it ruins my life,my relationships/friendships and would ruin my education if i had time off colege. however i love sex with my boyfriend and i don't want to have no pleasure for me during sex . gosh this sucks .

i'd be so embaressed talking to my docter about it lol.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
xander Offline
Average Joe

Name: xander

Points: 10,740, Level: 15 Points: 10,740, Level: 15 Points: 10,740, Level: 15

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Love-him View Post
thats the thing,i don't want my panic attacks and i don't want to be anxious anymore because when i do it ruins my life,my relationships/friendships and would ruin my education if i had time off colege. however i love sex with my boyfriend and i don't want to have no pleasure for me during sex . gosh this sucks .

i'd be so embaressed talking to my docter about it lol.
i no you said not to say try other things, well... why not just try them until you can talk to your doctor? maybe that'll help for the moment?

XANDER

am i in love? or am i being used?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
I-Love-him Offline
I've been here a while

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
i no you said not to say try other things, well... why not just try them until you can talk to your doctor? maybe that'll help for the moment?
we have tried loads but also i'm too tired to even move much during sex it's ridiculous
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount84

Edit avatar

Re: medication ruining my sex life :( - September 20th 2009, 04:03 PM

side effects tend to be at their worst in the beginning I think, and may go down a bit after awhile. But if, when you see your doctor, you have the same problem, talk to them about it. If its such a big deal to you, maybe request to be given a different med. There's six type of 'SSRIs', which is what citlopram is. Some have different side effects, or effect an individual in different ways. For me, prozac/fluxotine just made me tired all the time. Citalopram had no side effects for me.
Closed Thread