GREAT BIG HUG
- Victoria, B.C. CANADA
- About me
- I was born almost 4 months before JFK was shot in Dallas. No doubt - that makes me a LOT older than most of YOU. I was born into what soon became a very dysfunctional family. My dad became an alcoholic when I was around 6 years old or so. His 'problem' all but destroyed my family. And as is the case with every family dealing with a troubled parent - each member of my family found their own way to cope. My way was to eat. And as a result of all that over-indulgence - I gained a lot of weight and became an easy target in school for bullies. My self-esteem crashed and has yet to fully recover. I was very depressed and desperately needed someone to talk to. But I couldn't find anyone. No one seemed to have any time for me. And of the few adults who did take the time - the message I got from them was, "If you think life if tough NOW - wait until you grow up!!" Great advice, eh? And really comforting. I soon learned to keep my mouth shut. But I made a promise to myself that when I grew up I would take the time to care. I promised myself that when given the opportunity to LISTEN to someone - especially some kid and/or teenager in trouble - I would take that time. And basically - that's why I'm here. That's why I'm a member of TeenHelp. I'm here because I'm keeping that promise I made to myself. And that makes me feel good!!
Have a great day and know in your heart that there ARE people in this world who care about YOU!! [Even 'old' people like ME!! lol]
GREAT BIG HUG
- Here for
- Like to help with problems
- Relationship status
- High School
- Liberal Conservative
- Christian - NON RELIGIOUS
- Zodiac sign
- Writing, detailing my cars, helping people solve their problems. Worrying and being anxious!! lol
- Classical [Think 'Mozart'] 1940's - 1950's music [Think 'Dean Martin', etc.] Techno-Rock. [Think D.J. Whoever] In fact - most music. Can't say I like rap though.
- James Bond Movies, Almost anything with Morgan Freeman, Sidney Portier or Michael Douglas. Car chase movies - like 'Bullitt' or 'The Seven Ups'. Contact - with Jodie Foster. Far too many to mention. I love movies. Even old B&W ones. A good movie is a good movie. I don't care when it was made.
- Old TV shows like Hawaii Five-O and All in the Family. King of Queens. Twilight Zone. Can't say I like too many of the new shows. I love the early Simpsons but don't like the new ones. [They just aren't funny any more] I have a lot old TV shows on DVD's.
- "It takes FAR MORE COURAGE to be KIND than it does to be CRUEL" - CanadaCraig
My new eBook. Only 99 Cents
'What to DO if it happens to YOU'
BECOME MY FACEBOOK FRIEND
Your Biggest Organ!! [TH Social Group] For those of us with skin problems.
I am a 50 year old guy living in Victoria B.C. CANADA - I joined TH on January 11th, 2003
I have been a TeenHelp Member for more than ONE DECADE!