TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

welcome back home depression!!! - August 2nd 2013, 09:35 AM

its back again today i have been felling a lot sadder then useal its back 7 weeks and now depression is back donno if i can win the same fight again i really dont :/

how can i fight it???

i feel so sad :/
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Points: 22,903, Level: 21 Points: 22,903, Level: 21 Points: 22,903, Level: 21

Re: welcome back home depression!!! - August 2nd 2013, 03:11 PM

I hope it gets better for you. I'm suffering from depression also, so I'm really not sure how to fight it... Have you tried keeping a journal where you can just vent? Or of course you can post things on this website or talk to people who will just listen. Good luck in whatever you try and remember that things can only get better
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: welcome back home depression!!! - August 3rd 2013, 02:41 AM

Hey, Justin!

Sorry you're feeling bad again. Everybody has those points in their life where bad feelings sneak up on us again, but it's possible to get through. I think it's a really positive thing that you're wanting to fight it. So, best thing to do is to talk to someone if you can. Someone you trust that'll listen. Is there any reason in particular that's making you feel so down right now? Is there any problems that you can try and resolve? I know you've talked about how you felt like you didn't fit in. Wondering if that was still the issue.

Something else that'd help is if you try to find some hobbies you enjoy. A little something to lose yourself in and forget about your problems. Exercising can improve your mood as well, I exercise daily. I agree with the above poster, vent in a journal. That'd help to express yourself.

Hope you feel better. Don't give up!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
alliegator Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Allie

Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11 Points: 6,489, Level: 11

Re: welcome back home depression!!! - August 3rd 2013, 11:56 PM

Hey sorry to hear you're feeling down again, but I know exactly where you're at. I fought and struggled with depression for about 5 months before I finally decided to change my life around, lose some friends that were bringing me down, start working to rid myself of things that made me unhappy, and start allowing myself to feel joy. It had been almost 2 months since I had self harmed or felt super low and out of the blue I had a relapse, I felt awful and almost hurt myself again. I talked to a friend of mine who talked me out of it and reminded me of all the reasons I got over I in the first place and I felt much much better. Everyone has points like this where they fall back into low points of their life. I was so discouraged when I relapsed and I was just torn apart by the thought that I'd have to go through all the horrible and terrible feelings again. I felt like the weeks id been tearing myself out of it were all for waste.

Something that really helped me is like what Nal and Christabel said, I've gone through more journals in these last few months than you could imagine. It seriously helps, if you can't find someone to talk to (and I know, it really has to be a certain kind of person for you to open your feelings to) then writing out how you feel and what you're thinking is some amazing medicine. I would just write down all those things I wish I could cry about, don't try to make sense of your feelings, just let them out. It's a wonderful release of pain.

If you're not the writing kind of person, try just finding a quiet remote area and just talk out loud to yourself. Just complain about your feelings that you hate or don't understand and let yourself be sad. If you keep all your emotions trapped inside, it will not end up well, trust me. It starts to really hurt after a while.

I don't exactly know what else to say without knowing your situation, but just know that I understand exactly what you're going through. I know it hurts and I know it feels so very hopeless. I know it feels like you won't be able to make it through again but you can. And you will. Just think of all the things in your life that are important to you and live for them. Live for yourself and focus on the good things.

I am here to talk if you want, I'd really love to be able to help you through this, I know that having people who understand really helps. You can do it.

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come...

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide...
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside