TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Meggi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meggi

Points: 6,807, Level: 12 Points: 6,807, Level: 12 Points: 6,807, Level: 12

Depression coming back.. - January 1st 2014, 12:03 AM

I've been feeling depressed lately.. I stopped self harming in July and I haven't started to again which I glad about. I just hate myself, I feel ugly and fat. I feel guilty about everything i do, espcaily eating. I eat quite a lot but I feel like I wanna throw it all up. I just feel lonely and sad. I haven't seen my boyfriend since we left for the Christmas hoildays and haven't been able to talk to him. I just cry myself to sleep.. I don't wanna be depressed..I thought it was over..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Slvrdragon1090 Offline
Beauty is the rose
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sarah

Points: 10,075, Level: 14 Points: 10,075, Level: 14 Points: 10,075, Level: 14

Re: Depression coming back.. - January 1st 2014, 04:17 PM

First, congratulations on keeping clean from self harming! That is quite a feat to still be clean even when you're experiencing these feelings.

I'm not sure what words of encouragement I can offer, but at the least I can sympathize because I'm in nearly the same place you are right now (minus having a boyfriend).

The unfortunate thing about a mental illness, like depression, is that it doesn't just go away one day and never come back. You're likely to fall into pits of it of varying degrees, but just remember to keep positive and it will go away again!

I hope you get to talk to/see your boyfriend again soon, it sounds like you're very lonely without him.

If you want to talk you're always welcome to PM me.

The next time you feel down, just remember that Bruce Banner tried to kill himself
and Tony Stark has anxiety attacks, and they've both saved the world. You will be okay.

Closed Thread