TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
house-of-usher Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly

Points: 6,739, Level: 12 Points: 6,739, Level: 12 Points: 6,739, Level: 12

Post Paintings On The Wall (Short Story about Depression) - December 8th 2014, 05:34 PM

Paintings on the Wall
Each painting on the wall has its own story to tell. They whisper to each other like adolescents sharing dirty secrets. Their shadows cascade down the walls, consuming them in black.
The cacophony of discordant whispers overwhelms my ears. The paintings snicker at my agony and bedevil my suffering. I can’t escape their torture and mockery. They are like devils for they delight in pain, but they are not what is deterring my soul.
At the end of this torturous hall presides a figure as dark as pitch. This devilish creature does not move nor does it breathe. The only thing that can be observed of this figure is two glowing orbs that reside under its dark hood. They burn my soul with their fiery gaze.
Its vehement eyes burn my soul to dust causing me to be paralyzed where I stand. The paintings look down upon me and cackle a heinous cackle.
“See how she suffers” they whispered to each other. “Observe how the demon consumes her soul and paints it black. See how he manipulates her and molds her to the floor on which she stands just by his mere gaze. Behold how she crumbles to
dust. Worthless insignificant dust that just takes up one more space upon our floor.”
I gaze upon the malignant spirit with terror written on my face. Not only can I observe its glowing ember eyes, but another grotesque attribute has materialized itself upon its face. There
has manifested a heinous pointed tooth grin that shimmers a frightening white.
The creature stares deep into my soul as though it is surveying every fiber of my being.
A shiver runs up my spine.
I sense all of my strength retreating my body as though it is being expelled from every pore.
My eyes fail to revert from the creature as it manipulates me like a puppeteer, pulling my numb body ever so closer to its distorted figure.
“Why do you delight in my pain?” I breathed, but the demon gave no response and the paintings continue to cackle.
“Why do you take merriment out of my misery?” I inquired the paintings. “You smile at suffering, laugh at agony, and demand death.” But their only response was their odious laughter that resonated through the hallway. They persisted to laugh until, one by one; each fell off the darkened walls onto the dusty floor which I stood.
Staring back at the spectator, I braced myself for my ultimate encounter with the beast. Gazing into its menacing eyes I spoke my final peace as the gap between the creature and I was enclosed.
“You have turned my soul black and crushed it to dust you demon of torture, but I swear to you that it will be raised again like Lazarus from the grave. You will no longer possess my soul and consume me whole.”
The demon laughed.

Life is like a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, but you don't let those ups and downs stop you in your tracks
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: Paintings On The Wall (Short Story about Depression) - December 8th 2014, 11:03 PM

This is very well written, thanks for sharing!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
house-of-usher Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lilly

Points: 6,739, Level: 12 Points: 6,739, Level: 12 Points: 6,739, Level: 12

Re: Paintings On The Wall (Short Story about Depression) - December 9th 2014, 01:07 AM

Thanks
Thought I might as well share it. I had to write it for my AP Literature class and I thought it was good, but I was told constantly that it sucked.

Life is like a rollercoaster. There are ups and downs, but you don't let those ups and downs stop you in your tracks
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: Paintings On The Wall (Short Story about Depression) - December 12th 2014, 05:02 PM

I moved this over to Self Expression since it's creative writing and not asking for advice.

PS: I LOVE THIS. It's really powerful, good job!

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
Closed Thread