TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jake

Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18

Dear depression - February 4th 2016, 08:17 PM

I saw my doctor on Monday, was really nervous because last time I tried to get a diagnosis I got brushed off because I smiled, leading up to My appointment I just felt so nervous and ended up relapsing a few times with self harm, now it's been a few days since going to the doctor, and i have a diagnosis and got prescribed medication. Which I started today, so glad that I can get the help I need. But also really nervous, because what if they don't work,and I have to be put on more pills or different ones? I just barely was able to afford these ones..

Anyone who has been on anti depressants, can you let me know how it went for you, and what it's like?

I'll end this post with a little something i just thought of.
Dear depression, I'm done with you.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: Dear depression - February 4th 2016, 09:08 PM

Hi Jake. I'm so glad you are getting the medical attention you needed! It's incredibly frustrating to not be taken seriously when you ask for help. So I'm glad you persisted.

Medication is a very tough thing to get right the first time. I've been on medication for about 10 years. I've been on about 6 different anti-depressants. However, at times some of them did work. I was recently diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and am on other medications too. So that could be why my meds would stop working. Though it is possible that the current antidepressants you are on may not work with your body chemistry.

Try not to think negatively though. Think positive. It helps no matter if the current meds work or not. Try to imagine these will work for you. Don't look for any major changes (it takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks depending on the medication). Generally, it takes about 2-4 weeks for others to see the change in you and 4-8 weeks for you to notice a change.

It is common to have side effects the first 2-3 weeks, but they generally subside if they are not very severe side effects. I never experienced bad side effects except for one medication. So we stopped it after the first week. All the others I was on for lengthy times to see if they would work. Some didn't change anything after weeks. Others worked for months or a year. Again, my case may have been different given I have now been diagnosed Bipolar. That changes how antidepressants work alone in your body.

Just don't get overwhelmed or upset if the first medication doesn't work. Teenhelp is here for you! If you ever need to chat one-on-one, try the chat-room or feel free to message me.

You're obviously resilient for persisting in getting help. You can definitely beat your depression!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Dear depression - February 5th 2016, 09:34 AM

Hello And there's nothing wrong with relapsing because we've all tried to quit some bad habit and it's come back to haunt us one way or the other, but what matters is that we're fighting, and that we aren't letting it take control. Give yourself a pat on the back because you've got the willpower to fight what ails you, which means that you're also going to win over it!

I haven't been on any, but what I do know is that the true antidepressant in life is your positivity, and what you do with it. If you can make it count and start a strong, happy system of living throughout your days, then it'll be all right , no matter what you face. This is because your strong mind and determination will allow you to overcome anything you face, any situation you're in and any mean people who want to do nothing but belittle you and your exploits.

I'm happy to hear that things are getting better for you, and I'll always be around if you need a friend to rant to or just some advice.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread