TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
max05896 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,439, Level: 9 Points: 4,439, Level: 9 Points: 4,439, Level: 9

Depression - April 20th 2016, 05:58 AM

Im a senior in high school. I barely have enough credits to graduate. I dont have any friends in school. I say maybe 20 words all day school. I have a hard time getting grades but they have been improving. But it really does suck not having a single friend. I dont have one person that will invite me anywhere to do anything. It is rare that i ever receive a text message. I go home and do abosolutly nothing. I just wait for time to pass until i can go to sleep and until i can go to school again. I just constantly gets thoughts thinking that im worthless. I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I have been diagnosed with ADD and i currently take Aderall during the week for school. I was diangnosed for depression when i was younger but i dont really think i had it then. I think i have it now more than ever.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Depression - April 20th 2016, 12:13 PM

Max

I think that it's better for you to slowly but surely try to talk around with people. I get the feeling that the people around you are nice and welcoming, but you might fear rejection .. but this fear is something that everyone encounters when they talk to people. The good part is that the really nice people will appreciate you, while the mean ones might not reciprocate as much. But this is also a blessing in disguise because you'll definitely feel more comfortable talking to the nice people, and it's better for you to feel appreciated. Don't fear anything ... just get out there, and take a chance. Those who love you will soothe your wounds and introduce you to a time of fun , pleasure and appreciation.

Just mix around without a worry ( though there might be some people who want to take advantage of you, so just keep a small eye on that ) and have some fun. I do think that this sort of experience will also enable you to slowly pull up your grades, because of many reasons.

1. When you like school , you pay more attention.
2. You'll have more study buddies.
3. You'll definitely look forward to going to school and getting into the various lessons/ sports/ after-school experiences that happen.
4. You'll have a good time!

You're not worthless. You're just someone who sort of doubts himself, but you're better than you think you are. Throw away any apprehension and fear , you're strong, and anyone who tries to bring you down is best off ignored in favor of those who will support you and ensure that you feel good and happy.

I'm your friend too Rant to me anytime! Also, feel free to rant out here or anywhere you want... the more outlets you have to rant to and the more support you have, the better. You can trust us!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

Re: Depression - April 20th 2016, 11:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this your an amazing person and you can beat this feeling? Do you have anyone to talk to about this? Have you thought about going to a counsellor or speaking with a trusted friend/family member who can help you find coping methods. You can beat this try going for walks in the park to get some fresh air in your body try to beat this thing that's pushing you down cause you can do it! Have you tried joining clubs to meet new friends? If you ever need anyone to talk to then I'm always here.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
max05896 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,439, Level: 9 Points: 4,439, Level: 9 Points: 4,439, Level: 9

Re: Depression - April 21st 2016, 05:57 AM

I want to thank you both a lot for what you said that was truly amazing to see that someone out there cares that much that made me feel so good. I will definitely take your advice
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Depression - April 21st 2016, 05:02 PM

I'm happy! You'll be able to overcome this, and so much more. You got our support! You're welcomes

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
Closed Thread