TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riverstranger99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,674, Level: 9 Points: 3,674, Level: 9 Points: 3,674, Level: 9

Depression relapse - February 5th 2017, 12:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I need help. Can anyone hear me out?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10 Points: 5,531, Level: 10

Re: Depression relapse - February 5th 2017, 03:57 AM

Hi if you need to talk feel free to send me a private message, if you don't want to post on here. Many people on this site would be willing to help you. Take care. <3
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: Depression relapse - February 5th 2017, 06:35 AM

Hi there!

First off; welcome to TeenHelp! I'm Ellie and I'd be happy to hear you out.

I'm really glad you decided to reach out. That's a big step. Is it okay if I ask why you're feeling depressed? I'm wondering if anything in particular caused you to begin feeling depressed, or if it just started impacting you. It's different for different people. Sometimes a life event(s) cause it, and sometimes it comes out of the blue. Regardless, I'd be happy to listen to anything you have to say. You're welcome to talk about anything on your mind.

There's other forms of seeking advice apart the support forums if you're feeling uncomfortable speaking about certain things on this thread. There's HelpLINK, which is a private section where HelpLINK Mentors respond to it; then there's Live Help which is where you can talk to a Live Help Mentor one-on-one. You can only call when you see that it's online, though.

The chat-room is a nice place to talk with others and potentially seek support/advice as well, but it's not solely focused on advice and more focused on simply being a general chat-room. There's support groups you may be interested in too since it's a good way to additionally find others who are going through the same thing(s) you are.

Additionally, the blogs section is quite helpful for writing out your thoughts and feelings - similar to journaling except others can read and may comment offering support. It can be a way to be heard and express yourself at the same time.

There are many resources here on TeenHelp and you are more than welcome to use as many as you'd like, okay? And of course, you can message any of us. You can send me a PM if you would like to talk privately. I'd be happy to listen and try to help if I can. I don't mind listening one bit, so don't hesitate if you need someone to talk to, alright? You're definitely not alone and have many people here who'll welcome you and listen anytime you need. In the meantime, stay safe please!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Depression relapse - February 5th 2017, 08:12 PM

Hi there

I am glad you have noticed you need help at the moment and that you hav come here for help and support. You don't deserve to suffer alone in this and I hope we can help you.

I see that Ellie has given you several links which I want to encourage you to look at them all. There are so many different ways to get help on Teenhelp, helplines and even people around you in the "real" world. I know sometimes talking about things can be really hard but I also know it can also be very helpful for many people and I hope it will be for you too.

Just remember you are not alone. You are more than welcome to us any area of the site for help and advice or to post back here etc. We're here because we want to help and support people by yourself so don't be alone.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Depression relapse - February 8th 2017, 10:00 PM

Hey! First of all, I want to say welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you are finding your way around the site well enough. I see you only have one post and joined last week, hopefully the site is providing you with the support you need. Don't be afraid to use any of the resources provided on the site, such as HelpLINK or LiveHelp.

I'm glad that you're reaching out to us and recognize that you need help. Have you checked out the "Alternates to Self-Harm" thread? This list is a wonderful way to come up with ideas to avoid self-harming when you are feeling the urge to. I would suggest reaching out to someone in real life, such as a trusted adult or a counselor. I don't think anyone deserves to struggle with depression alone.
Closed Thread