TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Exclamation Me and my sister aren't going to make it... - April 24th 2022, 12:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]There are also mentions of abuse/SA/homicide in this thread.

My sister contacted me about wanting to kill herself, she had a plan and everything... at first I convinced her to wait a bit but the few days was still to long. She contacted me again and I wasn't able to convince her.... without an address (it was kept anonymous for abuse reasons- our family is very abusive and she didnt want to risk them going through a phone of her siblings and finding where she lived), she has 4 kids and a dog..... I don't have the means to call a wellness check and even so if her kids get taken away from her I know everyone will still suffer, my sister will feel more obligated to do so and the abuse cycles could start back over with her kids. I don't have the means to take them in nor the mental capacity... she wants to take them all with her... I've tried for hours talking to her on the phone for safety and call police and anyone that could have her address, checking sites, mail, she put in a job 2 weeks, I do not know her place of work and at this point I dont know what to do.......

I don't think I'll get far either. Her and her kids are the only real family that was left and recently I'll be unable to continue college due to my moms actions... I live on campus which will leave me homeless, it seems like there's nothing I can do for both of us. I dont think I'll get through losing a portion of my family and I know that last moments will be full of pain and fear.... I'll keep calling and reaching out to stations but I think it might be to late. I'm trying to convince her to let me help her but she is tired of trying but also believes that she should be catering to me because I'm younger... I (also being suicidal) know that no matter what the future looks like that the pain in the moment is sometimes still to bad, but I wont stop trying to get her help...

If anyone can think of any ideas please let me know, she didnt say she would do it today but I can not get her to respond and I dont think I'll make it either if this happens.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Me and my sister aren't going to make it... - April 27th 2022, 03:38 PM

Hey there, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry this hasn't gotten a response yet, and I hope you've been keeping yourself safe. I can't even imagine what it's like growing up in a household that is so awful, your sister had to move away, refuse to give out her contact info, and feel the need to 'take her kids with her' were she to die. I can also sense your panic and anxiety; and I think it would be a good idea to reach out to trusted individuals — if not the police or any other official authority — and ask them for their help with this.

The other thing is, do you think it'd be possible to leave your family behind, erase all trace of your existence, and start over. While this might seem near impossible to do today — as opposed to forty, fifty years ago when the Internet wasn't a thing — but I would suggest reaching out to those who can help with this. You have the right to disappear and there's nothing wrong with that.

I hope whatever you decide, it's safe.

I'm sorry if this advice wasn't adequate enough and hopefully someone else can provide their insights.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jamal2525 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7

Re: Me and my sister aren't going to make it... - June 30th 2022, 07:50 AM

I think you need to change her mind because there are not only bad in the world but also a lot of very good and interesting things. If she has these thoughts, then she has lost her purpose in life, and you need to help her find it.
Closed Thread