TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

cutting,purging,dead...and weather - October 13th 2012, 03:16 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

TRIGGERING FOR SELF-HARM, EATING DISORDER, AND SUICIDE, AND BAD LANGUAGE

I want to cut so badly right now. I am so fucking disgusted with myself it's not even funny. I went to Chilis and ate a lot then I had frozen yogurt after words now my stomach is full and all I want to do is purge and cut. I need to be punished for eating so much. Ugh I just wish I was dead already so I wouldn't have to go through all of this shit.

It's getting colder out which means it is long sleeve and sweatshirt time which makes not cutting so much harder for me.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Points: 8,916, Level: 13 Points: 8,916, Level: 13 Points: 8,916, Level: 13

Re: cutting,purging,dead...and weather - October 13th 2012, 05:49 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself when you over eat food. That is no reason to cut. There is never a reason to cut.
Stop being so worried about your body. Relax, and enjoy life. Be thankful for your body. Look at all the people who aren't healthy, and they have so many problems with their body, because they were born that way.
You are beautiful. There is no need to tear yourself apart for eating too much.
This world is so harsh. Don't listen to the media lies. You don't need to be skinny to be beautiful. No one is perfect. Everyone is different, and that's what makes you so special.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: cutting,purging,dead...and weather - October 13th 2012, 06:09 PM

Hi there,

I've said this to a few people before, but food is a right, not a privilege. What if everyone in the world thought that eating was something that is disgusting and that when we do eat, we deserve to be punished? It's way of life, it's a way to stay well, healthy and nourished. Food is a need, not a want and you definitely have no reason to be punished for eating.

Have you tried doing something such as writing, art, sport etc to help yourself express your emotions? I know that writing really helps me to express myself. Sometimes, when I similar to the way you feel, I write it out all out. Make it external not internal and just express myself by writing. And then after, I distract. Because sometimes expressing ourselves alone, doesn't take away the urges you know? It can do so much but when we put the pen down for example, its easy for us to go back to the urges and thoughts we were having before so it might be good to do something to distract yourself to let your feelings pass over time. And they pass. Time can be a healer.

I used to think it would be easier not to cut during the months with hotter weather. I was wrong. If you want to cut yourself that badly, the weather and time of year won't stop you. Nothing will stop. And the only person who can stop you is you. At the end of the day, if you're wanting to cut yourself and you're determined to do so, you will. If you start to challenge your thoughts because you don't want to live a life of self harm any more, you can change your behaviour which will influence the actions you take.

Just remember you're worth a lot more than the pain you are putting yourself through and that you're not alone. You never will be,

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
Closed Thread