TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
poeticviolin88 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,914, Level: 13 Points: 7,914, Level: 13 Points: 7,914, Level: 13

2 years of not cutting about to ruined - November 19th 2012, 08:08 PM

I still want to cut since friday i had something trigger me and it keeps returning worse than before...I dont really have anyone to talk to my husband is at work and my best friend is at work... I cant bother them at work they get in trouble with their boss..I havent really been close with one to discuss what triggered me and why i am no coping very well with this ...it is so many things rolled into one.. not just any one thing..fight to find things that distract me but i keep ending up at the smae thoughts and seriously considering it but i dont want to .I dont want any more scars...... it has been over 2 years since i cut..fml

Last edited by Palmolive; November 19th 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Removing prefix
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: 2 years of not cutting about to ruined - November 19th 2012, 08:22 PM

You can keep fighting the urges. There are many ways to keep from breaking, keep finding distractions of any sorts, games, people, etc. You can do it!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: 2 years of not cutting about to ruined - November 19th 2012, 08:45 PM

Hi there :-)

I'm really glad you've come to us here for some help and support. I know that reaching out can be really hard for some people and I think you've taken a really positive step by doing so.

I don't know what has triggered you but I do know that it's really good that you have been able to recognise what has triggered you. I'm not going to push you into talking about whatever it is if you don't want to or don't feel able too but I just wanted you to know that if you do need to talk to someone about it, then we're always here. Whether thats you posting in here or talking to someone more in private through HelpLINK or Livehelp. We're here as a site to support you in any way that we can do.

I can understand that you don't want to get in touch with people while they are work and that's okay but just remember you're not alone. Like I have already said, we're always here for you any time and we'll be here to listen and to support you through what you are going through. Also, here is a list of people who you can talk to and here is a list of helplines who you can contact. So even if there is no one back at home who you feel able to talk to right now, there are still other people there for you, okay? You are never on your own in this love.

Now, I am sure I don't need to tell you that distracting yourself can be a wonderful help in the short term. So for that reason, here is a list of alternatives to self harm. No, it's not going to make everything that is bothering you go away, but these things can help you when you feel you're in that moment of desperately wanting to hurt yourself. But you need to remember that not every single one is going to help you. This is a trial and error process and it's important that you don't give up on every alternative there is, one something doesn't help. Keep on trying new things because different people find different things helpful and there will be ones out there which help you.

I know that beating these urges is really hard and can be exhausting but you ARE stronger than them, okay? They can't hurt you and yes they are unpleasent but they will pass eventually. You've been self harm free so long so keep fighting because you clearly have the strength to get you through this. You're in control ok? Don't let the urges take over. You can control them.

Hang in there and look after yourself.

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
Closed Thread