TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jake

Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18

Cutting :( - January 14th 2013, 04:14 AM

Ok, so recently I have started cutting my wrist, I just feel i do it because I have not alot of support from my friends or family in anything I do, be that school or my job. Plus with my sister beng sick (long story) It just adds to the stress and in a way it makes me feel joy, and just forget about my problems. I have told my close friends that I cut, they seemed to care, but promptl forgot about me, and they're the only ones that know. I'm not sure what to do, please help me smeone! </3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Cutting :( - January 14th 2013, 05:28 AM

Hi, Jacob

So sorry you feel as this is your only outlet. As a self-harmer and I'm sure other self-harmers can agree, this is a unhealthy and bad coping mechanism. Even though it makes you feel better, it'll get addictive and bring more negative emotions into the mix. It can make you forget healthy ways to cope because you'll always turn to self-harm and that gets to be a vicious cycle, plus the scars add up. I suggest trying to stop as soon as possible, I know it's hard but it's worth it. Try checking out the Self-Harm Alternatives list and try some out whenever you want to self-harm.

I really doubt your friends forgot about you and what you told them. I think telling a therapist or school counselor could help you. During recovery try to talk with your friends and hang out with family more often so you won't self-harm.

Go for a walk or run, draw, paint, go biking, go out to eat, go to the cinema, write down your feelings in a journal, even if they make no sense. Another thing is use someone you really love and use them as a reason to stop. It really helps me to think of how much my Best friend loves me and doesn't want me to be hurting, so I try my best to stop for him. Even though there will be slip-ups, this is massive to do for someone.

I'm always here if you need to talk. Only a VM/PM away.

You can do this, Stay Strong <3

~ Christabel
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jake

Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18 Points: 15,637, Level: 18

Re: Cutting :( - January 14th 2013, 05:46 AM

Thanks, i shall check out that thread and see if i find any alternatives.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Cutting :( - January 14th 2013, 05:50 AM

You're welcome. There's quite a lot. I suggest trying them all out a few times till you find some that work for you. Be patient. c:

~ Christabel
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: Cutting :( - January 14th 2013, 09:01 AM

Hey man,

I'm sorry to see you struggling and I hope some of the alternatives help you.
Self harm is extremely addictive, due to the fact it releases certain endorphins which make everything seem better, but the problem is, really with cutting, you're just putting a bandaid on something which needs stitches. You need to communicate and reach out, as you've done here, I doubt your friends have forgotten about you.
If you ever need to talk, feel free to send me a message, I'm usually around so don't hesitate.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
Closed Thread